Backup the whole site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XColl

Reaction score
Well, I thought of this, and I think I need to move to a bigger host. The reason is because I need more space and I don't think 2 GB will supply any much longer. If there's a way to back up my whole site and mysql, please tell me. The host I might get might not be good, but if it is, then I'm moving there. I greatly thank all of you X10 Staff for helping me, and providing me a great host. If there's anything I can do, I'll try to do it.

(This isn't a threat, but I do need more, and I don't want to waste the space and GB for the other people. This is a plan, please do not think I moved yet. I'm still thinking everything. ) Thanks

Chris

Reaction score
Sorry for not suppling any resources or anything, but what exactly is on your website that takes up that much space?

XColl

Reaction score
Nothing really, but I'm planning to have alot of sprays, and alot of graphics, and oh boy I mean alot.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Im not sure were you are going to get that kind of space you r talkin about ....if you really mean ALOT

Chris

Reaction score
Again, sorry for being off topic, but I can't really reply to your question anyway, but have you even tried using our space? Now, wouldn't it make sense to even see if it takes up that much? Yes, graphics can take up a lot of space, but you havn't even tried, have you? If so, sorry... you should have been more clear.

XColl

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I haven't tested it all out, but I just have the feeling that it will take alot of space. I'll tell you here if I don't have any more space anymore.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Well make sure u test things out BEFORE you make up your mind ...I`m sure you`ll be satisfied... :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you find another host with cPanel you can request them to do a direct copy of the account. This can be done through their WHM. If they don't have cPanel it is kind of tough and most likely your new host will need to restore your database for you. cPanel is the easiest way... you can backup your database through your cPanel.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.