Banner/Image needed -=- upto 800 credits awarded

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_Tiger

Reaction score
yes, this is great guys. Its 1:41 AM here lol i'll be on untill at least 4am and then back on around 11 am.

during that time i would like a little opinion scheme ;) to see which you guys think is the best as konekt's few are real good and its hard to decide.

Franc0

Reaction score
david tiger. its al upto you witch you think its best for your web. although they are all nice, but i made mines very nice, catchy to the eye... and simple.

so i gotta go with mines. also. i can add any effect, i didnt want to flood the board with images, so thats upto you what you want added to mines.

thanks alot for taking a time to look at mines. may the best designer win!

and good luck with your web tiger!

David_Tiger

Reaction score
for now i am, choosing between

@franc0's
djtigeruh8.jpg

and

@konekt's
DJTIG.jpg

konekt

Reaction score
Well... if you're accepting designer input ;), I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I think- and I accept the risk of vanity with this statement- that both designs are undoubtedly very well thought-out and "professionally" put together. Each has its strengths and weaknesses.

Besides the question of aesthetics, which we can only leave up to you, one must consider the idea of function. While simplicity is desired in certain realms- websites for professions, services, and products- it tends to stagnate in others- music being the key here. If you consider other music artists, you see that flair and counter-simplicity design is prevalent. Here are a few examples (and please forgive me if you think I am pigeonholing you into any genre or artist-type; music aside, let's consider the design):

Basshunter:
http://www.basshunter.se/basshunter.htm
Consider the background and gradation (on the banner once you enter). I would actually argue that isn't the best banner since it tends to be hard to read, but just considering it as a sum of its parts minus function you get a prevalent intricacy in the design.

Alex Gaudino:
http://www.alexgaudino.com/
This makes me think intricacy through typography. He escapes the clean-cut lettering on '2.0 startups" by using the stylized A.G. but preserves clarity with the under-write.

http://www.colonia.com.hr/
Simple Lettering, intricate design.

NSFW
http://www.sexualmadness.de/
Consider the intricacy of octopus.

In conclusion, the intricacy avoided in many mainstream designs for '2.0' is not always preferred in certain avenues. You also have to consider your own website, which doesn't tend towards the design pattern of beauty through simplicity, but rather, through complexity (consider your stars and layout).

Ultimately, it is a question of your aesthetics and both of your choices are good :cool:

EDIT: Your turn to answer a question :) ... who did that cool DJ on the side of the website?

Last edited:

David_Tiger

Reaction score
nice, very good post you have there ;)

I don't remember the exact location i found it but I found it while I was looking for a nice 'DJ' style logo, and after weeks of searching I found a few and then chose that logo and designed the site around its theme and colors.

In the end I came out with that design and I was amply impressed by the work but my work on logo's didn't really take the site up another notch for style.
The 'DJ Tiger' logo which I badly made, messed it up a little and although I know I could have spent more time on the logo. I know there are many experienced logo designers out on the internet and here within X10.
I just thought I would get some help from the good people and make the design look and stay a nice design.

Hopefully i would get some fans and some inspiration to keep my music making alive, and maybe someday make a living out of it.

Jesse

Reaction score
wait for me... doing my submission now.
Edit:
Here are my Submissions :D

djtigerupperrightlensflok7.png

djtigermiddlelensflareez8.png

djtigergreenglowdq7.png

djtigerupperleftlensflapk2.png

djtigerredglowla2.png

djtigerblueglowln1.png

djtigerzy8.png

I hope you like it :)

Last edited:

David_Tiger

Reaction score
ok people the contest has now closed as its 2:21 pm, i will post back here asap with the winner

EDIT: Patrick you have a very good chance of winning as i love that tiger ;)
if you could change the text to something more like konekt's, it may win ;)

EDIT 2: i'll extend this until 3pm (40minutes from now)

Last edited:

Patrick M

Reaction score
Looking for something with a more electrified look?

I'll see what I can do for you.
Edit:
d2tigerbanner2.jpg

There it is with a different font.

Last edited:

David_Tiger

Reaction score
yes a more maybe 'DJ' style look to the font.

that one is just a little hard to read.

Patrick M

Reaction score
Here's another try with the font:
d2tigerbanner3.jpg

If you like it enough I got the PSD so changing the font around is easy enough, just kind of busy atm, got a term paper to finish up that's due in 2 hours :D

David_Tiger

Reaction score
yes, well i have now chosen the winner to be Patrick

WELL DONE!!

i'll pay 800¢ for the logo.
and would like the PSD if its ok ;) pay more if needed.

Patrick M

Reaction score
Alright, I'll send you the PSD tonight, really need to finish up this Term Paper it's worth 20% of my grade and due in less than an hour :D

Check your PM box in the early morning and it will be there.

Last edited:

David_Tiger

Reaction score
ok, thanks

i'll pay the credits now. saves me forgetting.

Note: Thanks guys (and gals if theres any) for all the help, really appreciated. some good graphics there.

Once again, WELL DONE Patrick ;)

jakjack1

Reaction score
nice, very good post you have there ;)

I don't remember the exact location i found it but I found it while I was looking for a nice 'DJ' style logo, and after weeks of searching I found a few and then chose that logo and designed the site around its theme and colors.

In the end I came out with that design and I was amply impressed by the work but my work on logo's didn't really take the site up another notch for style.
The 'DJ Tiger' logo which I badly made, messed it up a little and although I know I could have spent more time on the logo. I know there are many experienced logo designers out on the internet and here within X10.
I just thought I would get some help from the good people and make the design look and stay a nice design.

Hopefully i would get some fans and some inspiration to keep my music making alive, and maybe someday make a living out of it.

You desinged that layout?

No it a free layout from :

http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.