Best war movie of all times

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireput

Reaction score
What do you think is the best war movie of all time? From Ancient age to Medieval age, from Gunpowder age to World War I, from World War II to Modern war...or Navy, Air and Land battles... the list goes on but I prefer movie that have some historical values.... Any suggestions for other war movie fans?

I personally prefer The Patriot(2000) , Saving Private Ryan(1998), and I also like the battles scene in Lord of the Ring...(if it can be count as war movie...)

Highly recommended War movie DVD
Braveheart (1995)
We were Soldier(2002)
Saving Private Ryan(1998) A MUST-HAVE movie for war movie fans!!
Kingdom of Heaven(2005)
The patriot(2000)
Enemy at the Gate(2001)
TaeGuKi(2004)-A korean war movie...yet very solid...
Black Hawk down(2001)-except from the storyline...this is a fine war movie...
Rambo Trilogy
Pearl Harbour (2001)
The Last Samurai(2005)
300(2007)-just watched

Highly recommended War TV-series DVD

Band of Brother(2001)- A Steven Spielberg's masterpieces!

DVD I haven't watch...but looking forward to watch
Tear of the Suns
Cold Mountain
Platoon
Thin red line
Flyboy

Not-so recommended War movie DVD

Apocalypse now(1979)-Some people say this movie is classic...but I really don't know this movie is talking about? especially right at the end of the movie. Hope someone can tell me what is good about Apocalypse now?

Troy(2004)- the fighting scene is not bad, but this movie ends too abruptly and looks a little weird.....everyone dies? The dialogue sounds too a little too poetic, it is the kind you only want to watch once.. .

Master and Commander:Far side of the world(2002)- A movie with spectacular effect, but the slow pacing put people to sleep...Pirate of the Caribbean is better...make me a bit regret buying it...

The Great Raid(2005)-short and simple, not much action

Alexander(2005)-Too long...and too much talk... and I think I don't need to explain it...

Flags of our father (2006)- a little like Saving Private Ryan...it is a bit boring...and too boring for me...

Hart's war(2002)- The cover attracts me ...and watch the trailer which is quite good...so I bought it, however after I watch it...I realised that this is not a action-pack type of movie...more like law and order...

Windtalker(2002)- A imitation of Saving Private Ryan...watch it if you very free....

Honorable Non-War movie Battle scenes

Pirate of the Caribbean:The Curse of the Black Pearl(2003)-I like the naval battle scene when Jack Sparrow turn and fight captain Babossa

Pirate of the Caribbean:At World End(2007)-Again the I have never see a such a great naval battle before...although starting of this movie is quite messy...

Starwars Episode 1:The Phantom of the Menace(1999)-The robot GC is very nicely done...no violence..good and funny....

Starwars Episode 2:The Attack of the Clone(2002)-The Mighty Clone army and advanced weapon steal the show....make me wonder why Darth Vader later switch to use stormtroopers?

Independent days(1996)- The ending air fight scene is one of the best air battle I ever saw...very good....

Chronicle of Narnia:The Witch, the Lion and the Wardrode(2005)-Look out for the final fight scene...not as magnificent as LOTR, but you can see many mythical creatures fighting...quite interesting...

The Gladiator(2000)-The opening scene, although this is a not a war movie...the first 15 minutes is awesome....Highly recommended for the people who like Roman war style of fighting...and this the best Roman style battle scene I ever see....

Status
Not open for further replies.