Boru mysql after server migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris navarro

Reaction score
Its great to see that the server migration is moving along quite briskly. My site seems to be working for the most part. However, i seem to be having issues with any of my php scripts that connect to my mysql databases. By going through cpanel's phpMyAdmin, I see that it goes to borunew.x10hosting.com. Does this mean that the address of the mysql servers have changed and that i must change the server host i connect to for mysql, or is this only a temporary issue that will be resolved once all configurations are properly set after the migration? Anyone else having similar issues?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Its great to see that the server migration is moving along quite briskly. My site seems to be working for the most part. However, i seem to be having issues with any of my php scripts that connect to my mysql databases. By going through cpanel's phpMyAdmin, I see that it goes to borunew.x10hosting.com. Does this mean that the address of the mysql servers have changed and that i must change the server host i connect to for mysql, or is this only a temporary issue that will be resolved once all configurations are properly set after the migration? Anyone else having similar issues?

Admins use borunew to separate old and new servers. It will be change back to boru after migration done completely.

Btw you should use "localhost" as your database server.

koussy

Reaction score
hi, Boru's migration is 100% done, but I still have the same problem, my jommla web site doesnt work, I dont know what to do ? plz help me :(

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Go to cPanel and FileManager or use FTP
Joomla installation directory
configuration.php

Make sure it says:

var $host = 'localhost';

Edit/Add:

if that doesn't work ,

var $user = 'yourUserName_jo151';
var $db = 'yourUserName_jo151';
(lots of stuff)
var $password = 'numbersAndLetters';

you can try using the cPanel database tool to drop the user from the database and then re-add him to the database, making sure to give him all permissions (the default is NONE...you have to check the box).

Last edited:

koussy

Reaction score
thank you sooo much, now everythings works, you save my life!

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.