BTW: Website Timeout (Again!), but only for ME (Again!) :-/

Pintwin173a

Reaction score
Been down this road a couple times before.

(1) Normal website access
(2) Log into WordPress
(3) Use WP for a couple of minutes (say, to edit a post)
(4) Save or Preview a posting - times out
(5) Subsequent actions timeout
(6) Cannot access website - times out
(7) Wait awhile (seems to be about an hour or so)
(8) Go back to (1)

Screen Shot 2024-08-10 at 5.32.02 AM.png

Not surprisingly, Traceroute points to X10 Hosting (singlehop):

Screen Shot 2024-08-10 at 5.37.23 AM.png

In the past...
- I've suggested a Cloudflare / Immunify360 conflict as a possible cause,
- was told Immunify360 can be problematic, and
- that a "...rule is blocking you and get your domain white listed so this does not block again."

Was my domain Whitelisted? Is there another rule blocking my access? Should I not be repeatedly editing files stored on X10 Servers while I troubleshoot / test my web pages? Something else?

Thanks in advance for your assistance in this persistent problem.

Last edited:

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do see that your domain may be hitting some MODsec rules on our security backend. The latest was for an actual WP-admin failure from your local IP. The others in the last few days are for what we believe to be a false positive from the WP side. Which again, we have whitelisted your domain for this rule.

note that rules are generally added and updates almost daily so this one "white list" may work for sometime but if a new rule comes out it may trigger again. The best method is to use the forums or discord ( this may result in quicker resolution to these events) when this happens so we can review the logs and get your domain whitelisted again. If your IP address is "static" we can also whitelist that via our system if required.