Can I host a white-hat hacking/security section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawndar2

Reaction score
I'd like to include a section on my site dedicated to things that fall into the gray area of physical and network security, but I want to make sure I have your permission first.
My last host deleted my account for posting a link with the word "hack" in it, and were nowhere to be seen when I went looking for support.

Firstly, I want to make it clear that I don't want to promote malicious or illegal behavior, and I don't want to provide tutorials for illegal hacking or give anyone hacking tools. But I do want to share knowledge that is legal, very powerful, and that can be applied in both good and bad ways, depending on who is using it.

I'm willing to work with the admins. You can preview the page before I put it up and I have no problem taking down things you won't allow if you ask me to, but I'd like to know that I can deal with you on a personal level and not worry about anyone freaking out and deleting my account unless I do something genuinely stupid or illegal.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
After discussing this with a few people, we've decided that your example page looked fine, although the entire subject area is very grey and there is a very fine line between what is and is not acceptable. As such, we aren't going to outright disallow it, but should you put the site up, you do so at your own risk. Should we determine that some content later on is in violation of our Terms of Service you may find your account suspended. You can appeal the suspension should that arise, but chances are you may be asked to take the site down at that time.

lawndar2

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. :) I'll add the page to the public section and stay in contact with you guys either here or over IRC before I add anything I think you could have a problem with.

Status
Not open for further replies.