Can I upload files from my old host?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakhal

Reaction score
I have some files hosted in another web host. I want to upload that files directly in this host. Is it possible?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I have some files hosted in another web host. I want to upload that files directly in this host. Is it possible?

Yes, it is possible. You can upload any files to x10Hosting as long as the files are not in violation of the Terms of Service. Here's a quick tutorial on how to upload files using cPanel's File Manager:

http://adamparkzer.co.nr/blog/x10upload

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Mini clarification though: if you mean somehow have x10 download the files off of your webhost directly, that's not possible.

You -can- download the files via FTP from your old host then reupload them here though.

@adam: didn't wanna step on anyones toes, just clarifying that cause I read it as "can I upload the files directly to x10 from my old webhost, without downloading them to my system first?"

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
@adam: didn't wanna step on anyones toes, just clarifying that cause I read it as "can I upload the files directly to x10 from my old webhost, without downloading them to my system first?"

Yea, after I reread that, I noticed that I made a comprehension error. It's 12:13 AM here, maybe I need some sleep. -.-

But yes, Livewire's right, x10Hosting cannot directly contact your old hosting service and retrieve files directly from them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.