Cannot edit in Front Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

katyW

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you who offered suggestions on FTPing my site. I got it in the right folder and it opens up now but when I try to get it inot my Front Page so I can work on it, it will not let me get it.

I typed in my url, armag.x10hosting.com, and the site opens but withoput the Front page stuff I had on it. Then when I hit "edit in Front Page", it asks for my name and pass word but does not open the entire site as it normally should. It opens only the one page I have tried to edit. Then when I try and "save" it only offers me a choice of my own computer. Nothing is in the URL box that should have the site name in it.

If I try to browse over to the page and then back to Front Page it locks up.

I have tried uninstalling the Front Page ext and reinstalling them and still no luck.

Also if I ever get it up I need to paste the ad code. Where do I get that and where do I paste it on my pages? Can I put in anywhere on each page or does it have to be at the top or bottom?
Course, first I need to get the pages into Front Page to do that.

Katy

nicholas

Reaction score
katyW said:
Thanks to all of you who offered suggestions on FTPing my site. I got it in the right folder and it opens up now but when I try to get it inot my Front Page so I can work on it, it will not let me get it.

I typed in my url, armag.x10hosting.com, and the site opens but withoput the Front page stuff I had on it. Then when I hit "edit in Front Page", it asks for my name and pass word but does not open the entire site as it normally should. It opens only the one page I have tried to edit. Then when I try and "save" it only offers me a choice of my own computer. Nothing is in the URL box that should have the site name in it.

If I try to browse over to the page and then back to Front Page it locks up.

I have tried uninstalling the Front Page ext and reinstalling them and still no luck.

Also if I ever get it up I need to paste the ad code. Where do I get that and where do I paste it on my pages? Can I put in anywhere on each page or does it have to be at the top or bottom?
Course, first I need to get the pages into Front Page to do that.

Katy

You can check out the links I have under my signature regarding the ads. Your ad must put on top or anywhere where you dont need to scroll down to see the ads. Again check out the links like TOS under my signature to know more about it.

Xempttt

Reaction score
if u have all the files u want to show up when u go to ur url in a directory like http://www.yoursite.com/something then just go to redirects in cpanel and make that directory point to the main domain. its gives u the choice of what directory and then theres an arrow that points to nothing. put ur domain in there and then see if that helped. srry if u alrady tried that.

katyW

Reaction score
Thanks to the both of you.

I hadn't tried the redirect thing. I'll try that this evening to see if I can get it on Front Page that way. Also Nicholas, I'll put the ads in as soon as I can get it on Front page, hopefully tonight. I don't know any way to get the ad html in without Front page where I can set it in shared borders and have it on all pages.

Love your nameplate, Mav3rick. I know that took a lot of work. I am an author and publisher and do book covers so I appreciate what it takes to get something like that looking good. Only one thing, if you can do it, the "dont" should have an apostrophy like "don't"

Katy

nicholas

Reaction score
katyW said:
Thanks to the both of you.

I hadn't tried the redirect thing. I'll try that this evening to see if I can get it on Front Page that way. Also Nicholas, I'll put the ads in as soon as I can get it on Front page, hopefully tonight. I don't know any way to get the ad html in without Front page where I can set it in shared borders and have it on all pages.

Love your nameplate, Mav3rick. I know that took a lot of work. I am an author and publisher and do book covers so I appreciate what it takes to get something like that looking good. Only one thing, if you can do it, the "dont" should have an apostrophy like "don't"

Katy

No problem. In case you are having problem with ads or you cant get the ads up in time, just keep the staffs here informed regarding your situation :eek:riginal:

katyW

Reaction score
Nope, redirects don't work either. In the past I always just typed in my domain name to open a web in Front Page. I have tried typing in "armag.x10hosting.com", "www.armag.x10hosting,com" and "http://www.armag.x10hosting.com" and all three versions with "public_html" on the end and nothing works.

Also I have tried capturing the web page with the "edit in Front Page" command and that opens the page but doesn't let me save it anywhere but on my own computer.

Don't know anything else to try.

Katy

Xempttt

Reaction score
if u didnt do anything to the domain shouldnt it bring u too a directory that shows all ur folders?

katyW

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not sure what you mean by "bring me to a directory" but when I type in the url of the domain in a browser, it opens with the index page and everything is there except the Front Page stuff. I can go to most of the pages by clicking on hyperlinks I have refering to different pages but my navigatuional bar is missing since it is a Front Page item.

The problem is that I can't get it captured in Front Page to work on it. When I choose "edit in Front Page" on my file menu, the page comes up in Front Page but does not let me save it back to the site. And, you know how when you open a page from a site in front page it puts all the files on the Front Page Explorer? Well it doesn't do that here. I just have the one page I chose to edit but then cannot save it back to the web site.

I have tried to open the site in Front Page by typing in the domain with all the possible variations I said above but it won't open. In the past on other hosts, I have opened a site by typing in the domain name same as I would put in the browesr and it asked for my user name and pass word then opened the site. After that I had it on my list as "root Directory." I could just go to Front Page and as long as I was online I could open the site in Front Page and work on it.

Is there anybody on here who uses Front Page and has opened their site in it? If so please tell me how you did it.

Katy

Xempttt

Reaction score
OHH!!! are u talking about microsoft front page? when u right click on the folder and it says edit in something. ive never used frontpage so i dont know but at least i understand now. i thought u meant edit the front page, not in microsoft front page. lol. i get it. :excl:

Status
Not open for further replies.