Can't access dashboard or site; not usual blocking

apple2

Reaction score
For apple2.x10.mx:

I can log into x10hosting.com, showing the initial panel with access to things like profile.

Clicking on dashboard or hosting control panel (https://x12.x10hosting.com:2222/CMD_LOGIN) just times out.

My actual site times out, not usual suspended message or anything. Just hangs.

I thought it was some kind of an outage, but I've been trying for a few days now.

Discord is rejecting your invite.

Please help.

Last edited:

mrburnsx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This would be indicative of the server blocking your IP, most commonly for failed login attempts.

apple2

Reaction score
Could you please let me back in?

No failed attempts noticed recently.

apple2

Reaction score
I can provide the IP address, let me know the best way to do that.

I need access to my site and my email !

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes your IP was blocked. The reason was attempts to access webmail with the wrong details. I have removed the block at this time but please make sure you are using correct information in the future to avoid this.

apple2

Reaction score
Thank you.

The password is in the browser, so it is extremely unlikely that I entered wrong information. This has happened before, so you should check your code for spurious blocking.

If your goal is security, to prevent bruteforce attacks it would be sufficient to unblock automatically after say, 10 minutes or an hour. If your goal is to upset and infuriate your customers into paying for a higher-level tier, it is not a good idea.

But thanks for unblocking me.