Can't Change PHP Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Requesting Upgrade to anything that allows phpinfo()

I need to upgrade PHP to whatever level allows the following functions:
phpinfo(), set_time_limit(), fread(), feof()

Because it is becoming a real pain as random pages in my MyBB forum and some of the plugins have just become blank or error pages because of this and I have to make unsupported code modifications to make some of them work (others I can't fix, and whenever the MyBB releases an update, it overwrite the code modifications and breaks the forum again). My forum sitemap generator won't work without set_time_limit(), because if it runs longer than the timeout value, it won't finish correctly (it must run multiple times using that function) and the other 2 functions listed. Just commenting out these lines does NOT fix the problem, and I'm not experienced enough with PHP to rewrite everything.

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
You can only upgrade to the advanced version of PHP if you have prior administrative approval. I'll move this to level two support.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Okay, well I guess I need to request PHP level 3/advanced, because on the scripts I have worked with so far, commenting out the phpinfo() line does NOT fix the errors, and only causes more problems, and I don't have enough experience to rewrite MyBB 1.4.1 to work without that function.
Edit:
I also need set_time_limit() working for one of my cron-job scripts (forum sitemap generator), as I just noticed that my last eighty-something cron-jobs failed due to that.

Edit: Other functions that are required for my scripts to work: fread(), feof() - (now I get 'resource not found' with those 2).
Edit:
I updated my main post, I hope someone takes a look at this.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I'll refer this to Corey in the A.M.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Thank you for the help :)
Edit:
I have submitted a PHP upgrade request to Advanced. I hope this is okay. If I am rejected, should I post back here, or does it mean I am not allowed to run a MyBB 1.4.1 forum on my account?

Last edited:

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
*bump* My upgrade request still has not been accepted or denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.