Can't create directory: Read-only file system

Status
Not open for further replies.

olson

Reaction score
I'm getting this error "Can't create directory: Read-only file system" when attempting to create directories via ftp all over my site.

My wordpress captcha doesn't work anymore because I cannot assign write permissions to the capture-temp directory. I get "Could not change perms on index.php: Read-only file system"

One of my wordpress plugins disappeared (si contact form), and I mean the whole plugin directory disappeared from /wp-content/plugins.. attempts to upload a fresh copy failed due to permission errors as above.

I dont understand what's going on so please let me know if i can provide further details.

site is www.ollieburn.com parked domain is www.ollie.co.cc

Thanks.

Last edited:

olson

Reaction score
Issues now appear to be resolved so thanks whatever magic was worked over the last day.

Mysterious how a whole directory went missing, though I suppose it could be a wordpress update issue. Either way I uploaded a fresh copy of the plugin and all is well.

Thanks again. :)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
We were having some issues with Chopin last night and it ended up getting fixed, but it might've had something to do with that, at least for the Read-Only part.

Glad it's working now though; let us know if it comes back and we can take another look :)

Status
Not open for further replies.