cant get to homepage and how do i add the ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagles051387

Reaction score
i have uploaded my index.html. how do i add the add since its in java script which i have no idea bout the language. i only know basic html programming. how can i integrate the add into basic html scripting when i try to get to my home page this is what i get

Index of /

Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.3 with Suhosin-Patch Server at howtokubuntu.x10hosting.com Port 80

what does thsi mean.

t2t2t

Reaction score
You need to upload your page either through cpanel (howtokubuntu.x10hosting.com/cpanel) or through ftp (Host: howtokubuntu.x10hosting.com Username: cPanel username Password: cPanel password) using your ftp client.

To add ads you need to open source of your page (if you don't know how to use notepad (if you're on windows)) and where you want ads displayed enter your ad code:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://x10hosting.com/adserve.js?[cpanel username]"></script>

eagles051387

Reaction score
i uploaded it using my ftp client into the www folder and nothing has happened. coudl it be that i need to put the ad in there

Cynical

Reaction score
Placing the ad or not doesn't have to do with this problem, it is definitely a server-side issue.

If you could, please open your FTP client and have it display the contents of your public_html directory (this is where index.html should be and is a mirror of the www directory). Take a screen shot of the program (Print Screen, then open paint and press CTRL+V) and upload the screen shot. I'm guessing either index.html is in the wrong place or you might have to make a change to the .htaccess file. I'll show you how if you need help.

Last edited:

eagles051387

Reaction score
Placing the ad or not doesn't have to do with this problem, it is definitely a server-side issue.

If you could, please open your FTP client and have it display the contents of your public_html directory (this is where index.html should be and is a mirror of the www directory). Take a screen shot of the program (Print Screen, then open paint and press CTRL+V) and upload the screen shot. I'm guessing either index.html is in the wrong place or you might have to make a change to the .htaccess file. I'll show you how if you need help.

i have the index.html located in the www directory. do i have to redirect it or there is no need.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
i have the index.html located in the www directory. do i have to redirect it or there is no need.

Have you deleted your www directory at all? You have possibly broken the www link to public_html.

Try uploading index.html into public_html and see what happens :)

eagles051387

Reaction score
Have you deleted your www directory at all? You have possibly broken the www link to public_html.

Try uploading index.html into public_html and see what happens :)

i did that by accident. how can i get it relinked. and i have tried to upload to public html folder and i cant upload anything

eagles051387

Reaction score
how do i get my www folder and public html folders relinked. i have a home page but it says it works which is not what i have in the index.html that i created.

Status
Not open for further replies.