Which disc you mostly use? (not prefer)

• DVD

Votes: 40 61.5%
  • CD

Votes: 25 38.5%

• Total voters

islamis4u

Reaction score
I would like to ask which type of disc you mostly use not prefer, if prefer then why?

Dazz

Reaction score
Well thats not really much of a poll is it? Which do you mostly use would kind of depend on if you have a CD writer or a DVD writer, obviously you are going to go with the greater capacity.
I somewhat obviously use more DVD's than CD's because of this and I can back up much more information on them LOL

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I use CD's for music and data (because my attempts to burn Data DVD's with any software all failed) and DVD's for...well...movies.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I mainly use DVD's now. All my data and stuff go into the DVD.

Swiblet

Reaction score
I really use my external hard drive for storage and backups, but I also use DVDs for movies, which I have alot of. So....DVDs for me =)

~~B3N

Madrox

Reaction score
In general i use CD...
but i use DVD in certainly conditions...
CD forever!

satbir

Reaction score
I use DVD when I need to certainly have to transfer data while I am not carrying my laptop else external hard disk and my laptop work for me.

dr.scoo

Reaction score
every type hae it's usage.
there is no sense to copy 200MB on a DVD. One should copy it on a CD.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't really use CDs any more, as I download all of the music I want to listen to from Napster, and I use my PSP as an MP3 player for them. I still use CDs for some old Windows 98/95 games I have, but I mainly use DVDs now because all of the games I buy are on DVD-ROM, and I can use DVDs to store up to 9gigs on a dual-layer disk and I watch movies on DVDs.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
CDs for car stereo, DVDs for movies, CDs for small files, DVDs for large files (and the +/- RW variety), memory stick or external HDD for anything temporary.

If you put an option for that in the poll, I'll vote!

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I will use DVD if the data is more than a CD. otherwise CD

Jigzo

Reaction score
i use dvd i prefer it more than cd as the write speed is quicker and you can put more on it

sandogg

Reaction score
Still use CDs a lot more.
The faster write speeds and for data up to 700mb.
DVDs only for movies or some backup.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
The "benchmark" (ie 1x as opposed to 52x etc) for DVDs is faster than CDs, so a 16x DVD is many many times faster than 16x CD.

islamis4u

Reaction score
i really use more cause its very much cheaper and n easily all the software are available on cds rather then dvds

nat1192

Reaction score
DVD simply because most disc images I find now (shhh, they are pirated) are bigger than a regular cd, and usually only marginally. Borland 2007 disc is 800mb, which is annoying. That and with any good linux distro, the DVD version includes more packages which makes installing a lot easier (when it comes to obscure drivers etc.)

Sohail

Reaction score
Well obviously the DVD as it has way more space than a CD, ok it may be a little more expensive but it sure is worth it. ;)

fitzysit

Reaction score
it depends what i am gonna burn
it the file is above 600 megs i will use a DVD and if not i will use a normal cd