Change Password via RoundCube Webmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidB.

Reaction score
Hello x10Hosting Support,

I have installed RoundCube Webmail on my site so that I can access my site e-mail without the need to log in to my cPanel each time I want to do so. Since the site is for my friend and I, he is going to have to access RoundCube Webmail too, but since he does not have access to the site's cPanel, I need to implement a way to change the account password within Roundcube so that he can change his password without needing me to do so. I know that there is a plugin for RoundCube that allows you to do this, but I have enabled it, and each time I try to change my password, it throws an error saying that it cannot be done. Is anyone here RoundCube savvy?​

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
Hi, you could just set up an e-mail forwarder by going to CPanel, under mail you should see 'Forwarders', then type in your friends email. Then, whenever someone sends an email to your RoundCube Webmail, it will automatically forward to your friends email, so there would be no need to actually login to RoundCube Webmail.

DavidB.

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion, but for some reason, he wants to use RoundCube. I am not sure why, and I hadn't thought of it, but I just presented the idea to him, and he insists on using RoundCube.

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
Hi, I guess you have to enable the plugin, the plugins are not enabled by default so you have to manually enable them.
Got to FTP or CPanel File Manager, then go to the RoundCube folder. You'll need to edit ROUNDCUBEFOLDER/config/main.inc.php

Code:
// List of active plugins (in plugins/ directory)

Look for
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array()

Add the word ‘password’ in the array section and you are set
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('password'

If tyou want to enable more plugins, you can add more in the array like below.
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('password','plugin2','plugin3');

Now, after logging in to roundcube with any user, navigate to ‘Settings’ at the top-right of your Roundcube interface. You should see a Password Tab.

Thank You

DavidB.

Reaction score
I know how to enable the plugin, but when I do, I get a "Couldn't change password" error when I try to change the password. There is a config file within the plugin directory that you need to edit, but I do not know what I am supposed to edit in order to get it working.

DavidB.

Reaction score
Based on the little that I know about RoundCube, doesn't that just update the password in the database, meaning that it would update the password in cPanel?

Status
Not open for further replies.