Changing cPanel and Forum Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

intheclutch

Reaction score
I am wondering if it is possible to change my cPanel name.

Also, I read in a post from Corey that is possible to swap forum names. So, if I no longer wanted to use my current one, does that mean it would be possible to create a different forum account and link my hosting name to that?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I am wondering if it is possible to change my cPanel name.

No. You'll have to request to delete your hosting account and start over with a new sign up to get the cPanel username you want.

Also, I read in a post from Corey that is possible to swap forum names. So, if I no longer wanted to use my current one, does that mean it would be possible to create a different forum account and link my hosting name to that?

Thank you very much.

You can swap forum names in your account panel.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
If you would like your linked forum account on your hosting account cleared, let us know.

intheclutch

Reaction score
Well, I guess I should give more information on what's going on, and maybe I'll get a better idea of my best approach.

When I created the account back in '07, the idea was to have a website for a message board of which I am a moderator. The idea was to have the contests on there so instead of copying/pasting or typing out all selections, choices could be selected on a form page. Unfortunately, we've decided not to do contests anymore, and the board will be "closing" in the next few months. So the board account name and cPanel account name are just about obsolete.

So now I'm thinking about using the site for more of a personal use, and would like my board name and cPanel account name to reflect that if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.