Chmod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrozen

Reaction score
I am wondering how i can Chamod in Cpanel or somehow Chmod my Mambo files because whenever i try to get into the mambo directory it says the 500 internal error and i'm stuck on hwo to fix it any help would be appreciated

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
To change permissions click on the file and in the upper right corner there should be a nenu clcik on permissions and it should be right there ...that is in cpanel ...to do it in cute ftp right click on the file and go down to permissions and you can change it that way to. Hope this helps

Phrozen

Reaction score
Ahhh thanks for the help but i'm still stuck... could you be more specific? and i installed mambo with fantastico so i never uploaded using ftp

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I have not used fantastico yet but I know if your trying to change permissions ..you go into cpanel ...into file manager ....find the file or folder you want to change the permissions on and click on the name of the file/folder... then in the upper right corner of your screen there should be 4 or 5 links as to what you can do with that file. in those links will be one called permissions click on that and another box pops up in the same place and there you can change permissions.... as for fantastico you will have to wait for someone who know a bit about it. Sorry .... hope this helps a bit more

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Its the same way with fantastico, bigguy is right :)

Phrozen

Reaction score
yeah it does thanks alot for trying to help :) its very appreciated

EDIT--

Fixxed the problem thanks bigguy

Status
Not open for further replies.