chmod

bobocheez

Reaction score
Hi, I recently downloaded a PHP rate and review application and while I was installing it, I came across something that told me to "chmod 777 this directory"
I'm new to PHP, but I know what it stands for. What exactly do I need to do to make it work?

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
Click on the file in your Cpanel and click "change permissions", then check every box (read, write, and execute for owner, group, and public). Submit that and you're done. CHMOD isn't PHP specific, it's a linux file permissions thing saying who can do what.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
And just to add, under our security settings, files can not be set ( CHmodded ) to anything over 755.
I can't remember the exact thing to do ... but in File Manager, you can right click the files and select "Change Permission"

bobocheez

Reaction score
But it should work if I just change it at the CPanel?

and I need some help with this:
Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array in /home/bobo/public_html/car/review.php on line 31

Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array in /home/bobo/public_html/car/review.php on line 32

this is part of the script:
</head>
<body>
<?php
//Copyright Scriptsez.net
extract($HTTP_GET_VARS);
extract($HTTP_POST_VARS);
function smile(){
?>

with "extract...." being lines 31 and 32

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
You can CHMOD files to 777, I've done it before and it worked. It wasn't in the public HTML directory though.

bobocheez

Reaction score
Well it seems to allow posts but nothing is appearing and I still have that extraction error that I mentioned above.

cowctcat

Reaction score
I've been testing this out for you and I've had no problem at all with extract.
Could you pm me with the files you are having trouble with?

tittat

Reaction score
You can CHMOD files to 777, I've done it before and it worked. It wasn't in the public HTML directory though.

Which file was that? Is that a .html file?
did you tried CHMODing .php to 777?