Closed topic, without sufficient reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonkothesane

Reaction score
http://www.x10hosting.com/showthread.php?t=5616

Topic was closed due to the fact that this was not the place to discuss it (I was under the impression that this is the open discussion thread?)

Tyler:
Im Catholic and I do belive in God. This is not the place to disscuss this and I dont want any flaming to occur.
then the tread was closed.

Come on, how does that work? People are actually discussing life, the universe and all matters supernatural in an interesting and orderly fashion. Replying on what others say and supplying reason to their own statements and the topic is closed because it is not "the right place to discuss it"?

Tyler, if you are offended by a reasonable discussion on a topic that you do not feel comfortable with, why read it? and why close it? Flaming did not occur and would have been frowned upon by those participating because that would mean they didn't actually read what the topic was about.

I implore you to reopen the topic as it posts no threat to this forum and is meant only as basis for discussion, not for prejudice or possible flaming.

komodolinux

Reaction score
well i would have to agree that there was no sign of flaming from what i read.

so i would love to see it reopened.

but i also can understand tylers concern that flaming may occur.

wonkothesane

Reaction score
Well i'm sure any flamers will be reprimanded by other users in the forum. The thing is that these topics should be allowed to be discussed, even if it's purely on principle. I don't mean to cause trouble, I just want to see people thinking about subjects and discussing it.
And I didn't mean to offend Tyler in any way, I merely think his choice to close the subject like that was wrong and I challenged it. It seemed to me almost as if he was saying that because he has a different religious standpoint (first thing he mentioned in his post) that the topic shouldn't even be discussed... the comment about flaming came later.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll look into it. I will reopen your topic for now.

-Corey

wonkothesane

Reaction score
Corey said:
I'll look into it. I will reopen your topic for now.

-Corey

thank you kindly :happy:

---------------------edit-----------------------
I see you made a new forum catagory especially for discussions, that's great!:phone::phone::flowers::phone::phone:

Last edited:

n4tec

Reaction score
I think your topic offends many people who are CATHOLICS like me and that is why tyler closed it since he is a catholic too.. debating about religion is one place no one should try to debate about it..

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
New debate forum.

Topic Locked

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I just dont think this A hosting site, should be a place to talk about this. And yes I was offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.