Common Programming Terms --- Part III

Tariqul Islam

Reaction score
What is Variable
Variable is a programming element that is used to store different changeable values. On the other hand variable is a name of an area of some bytes in memory that is used to store changeable data temporarily in the memory. After finishing the work of the program or after shutting down the computer, the data or value stored in the variable is destroyed.

What is Constant
Constant is a programming element that is used to store different fixed and not changeable values. It is used in the program to make the source code clear and easy to edit. Say, you are writing a program that takes a value from the user and add it with a fixed value, say 500 and substruct the value from the fixed value 500. Now you can put this 500 in a constant. By doing this you make your source code clear.

What is Function
Function is a group of command that is used to calculate something in the program. Function returns a value after finishing its process. Function is used in the program to make the program shorten. Say, we have to calculate the average of four values in 10 different locations of our program. If an average can be calculated by using 5 lines then we have to write 50 lines. But by using function we can write these 5 lines once and use it when we need.

If you want to view the tutorials like that pls visit http://cyberkutir.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

Reaction score
i think he means "have you made a tutorial like this on echo, else, and if" (probably like if-then-else statements and echo-ing info)

Reaction score
yeah! a quick site with programming keywords would probably help students with their assignments (i say this with no sarcasm)

but... yeah! a site with programming keywords would help a load of people understanding those "simple" tutorials out there. it doesn't really have to be a site... just a big post.

chappill

Reaction score
Yeah I mean a tutorial like this but instead using the if statement the echo thing and the else thing.

Tariqul Islam

Reaction score
Thanks all for helping me to figure out what you want from me.

I'll discuss everything about programming step-by-step.

I'll discuss almost keywords in a specific easiest programming language and will try to help you understand how you can create a program.

Thanks again. My next tutorial will be come soon.