Community Builder Configuration doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckyinc

Reaction score
Can anybody help me? Every time I try to use the configuration in community builder (joomla) I get a blank page :eek4:

Zenax

Reaction score
well do you have gzip enabled? I think it is causing quite a few problems these days. If its enabled, try disabling it, then have a go.

duckyinc

Reaction score
It looks like I did have Gzip on, but disabling it didn't help.
Edit:
Can anybody help me? I already tried chmoding, gzip and changing browsers...

Last edited:

lambada

Reaction score
Check the permissions on the files and folders.

Sometimes if they're set wrong and they6're included you wont get the 500 Permissions message, but the blank page instead.

eNoyx

Reaction score
Hi ^^

I was having exactly the same problem, and did some research on Joomlapolis.com. I copy here the solution provided there:

http://www.joomlapolis.com/componen...,view/id,31834/catid,29/limit,6/limitstart,6/
ibrahimari said:
Hello,
In English summary for our solution :

Firstly i want to say, the problem's origin is about hosting account. But we solved it by passing a line in 2 CB files. We explained that why we do it and what is the meaning of this bypassing in Turkish reply. If you want to explanation about resaon of bypassing, i will give it in English, too.

Files that must be edited :
1- admin.comprofiler.php
2- admin.comprofiler.html.php

1- 1554. line in admin.comprofiler.php
Original Code:
Code:
$imageLibs = $imgToolBox->getImageLibs();

Edit like this :
Code:
//    $imageLibs = $imgToolBox->getImageLibs();
$imageLibs = array ("imagemagick" => 0, "netpbm" => 0, "gd" => array("gd1" => 0, "gd2" => 1) );

2- 2009. line in admin.comprofiler.html.php
Original Code:
Code:
$imageLibs = $imgToolBox->getImageLibs();

Edit like this :
Code:
//    $imageLibs = $imgToolBox->getImageLibs();
$imageLibs = array ("imagemagick" => 0, "netpbm" => 0, "gd" => array("gd1" => 0, "gd2" => 1) );

Changings are finished.

Shortly, we bypassed doing auto-detection on the available graphics libraries. Because the problem's origin is the test functions in imgToolbox.class.php file. For doing test, your hosting account must have "shell access" and right permissions. probably, the person who come accross with this problem has not got the "shell access" at his hosting account.

I wish i help you.

Have a good day.

duckyinc

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thank you so much eNoyx, it worked! Now I will remember to do some research before I ask :lol:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm glad you could solve the problem.

*Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.