Community has changed

nightscream

Reaction score
Hi

I'm an old member of x10hosting. I found the site a year or 3 ago and was an active member and thought of coming back but now I don't see the point. I will explain this a bit. My first topic got a lot of good comments but a few people have hurt my feelings but telling a design I made was not mine even after proof was given. I'm not the best designer I know but I'm trying but that's just harsh. The way I could help a lot of people in this community is with programming help, I have a good knowledge of html, css, php and vb.net.

But my main question remains, does this happen a lot and is it worth of coming back. In the beginning it was a lot of fun and friendly people.

Reaction score
I think you're jumping the gun a little here with tarring the whole community with the same brush. I definitely don't think this is a normal occurance and the 'allegations' I guess would have been made in all kindness, with goodwill. I've not seen the thread in question though - I shall go and view it after submitting this post.

Please stick around for the rest of the community, don't let those few get you down.

As you should know, old faces in any community go at one point or another and a new face takes that persons place, many have passed on now to pastures new.

I shall now go take a look at the thread you refer to in your post.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Long time no see bro welcome back :). From what I can tell, it has changed since the good old days in 2006.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome back! The community here is a very nice community, so I'd try coming back again and seeing how things work out again. I'm a nice person, so no need to fear me :)

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Being respectful isn't a rule in the forums and sure it's common courtesy but not all members do that. If you have a problem with a member report the thread/post with the issue in it.

With that said the way you handle a situation helps also. If someone is accusing you of stealing ask them why they believe that and to post anything that can back up there claims.

If they continue to accuse you of such things, with out any proof that is, then it may constitute as trolling. They would be on grounds to receive an infraction.

In regards to you staying or leaving, that's your choice. I do not think you should go due to 1 or 2 individuals hurting your feelings. Not everyone will be a pleasant person in any online community and X10 is no different.

Last edited:

JXVForums

Reaction score
I joined not too long as in fact two weeks I believe. They aren't too bad, but some are slightly annoying. I wouldn't give it much thought since a forum with some evil members hide the nice ones in side.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Um....I can't think of a time being disrespectful, but if anyone posts in the review my site forum....that is the forum I forget respect about, and just lay it on thick....not sure what post made you open this thread, but I hope your stay becomes as great as it did in the past.

Welcome back.

catz154

Reaction score
Welcome back! The community here is a very nice community, so I'd try coming back again and seeing how things work out again. I'm a nice person, so no need to fear me :)

Oh yeah Smith is a nice person,and he is genius too! :biggrin:
No I am not playing I am serious.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Your welcome here nightscream, I remember some of your designs, and they were great. I still remember that green/black formal one with the nice menus :) You shouldn't generalize X10 because of one bad experience, and it has changed a bit since 2006. I am not always nice, but give me a cookie and you will be fine :3

Last edited:

nightscream

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
I'm glad some old people are still around. It was like 2 of the 10 said something wasn't mine and I was loosing hope of the community but now with this topic I think I stick around for a while and see what will happen.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi

I'm an old member of x10hosting. I found the site a year or 3 ago and was an active member and thought of coming back but now I don't see the point. I will explain this a bit. My first topic got a lot of good comments but a few people have hurt my feelings but telling a design I made was not mine even after proof was given. I'm not the best designer I know but I'm trying but that's just harsh. The way I could help a lot of people in this community is with programming help, I have a good knowledge of html, css, php and vb.net.

But my main question remains, does this happen a lot and is it worth of coming back. In the beginning it was a lot of fun and friendly people.

No, it doesn't sound like a normal occurrence. I've seen a lot of transactions and reviews, and no one ever doubts someone else's credibility.

Ok, it happened to you once, :mad: let us know if it happens again :biggrin: but don't leave us all because one person is being rude!;)

I hope you stay:cool:

Criptex

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a newby, I wasn't here 3 years ago, so I can't say if the community was more friendly back then or not... but they're actually pretty friendly and respectfull people, and intelligent too, so don't let a few people cheer you down. In life, there's always somebody that breaks the order and everything... but I think most of the things can be resolved with a good conversation.

Mitch

Reaction score
Hi nightscream, welcome back to x10. I don't know what the forum design was in 2006, but i hope you like the new one. I got one more question. Do you speak Dutch or French or both? (because in Belgium there are 2 or 3 languages, and also because i am dutch)

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome back! I really never seen anyone behave disrespectful, exept spammers that I ban lol.

I hope you come back for sure and start posting with us :D

Daniel S

Reaction score
I don't remmber you, I only joined x10 just over a yeat ago, but their is a nice cimmunity here still, although their may be a few slightly annoying people for you. But you will normally get that where ever you go.

I hope you come and stay with x10 once again.

woiwky

Reaction score
Hi

I assume you're referring to this topic:

http://forums.x10hosting.com/review-my-site/93569-hosting-design.html

In that case, I can see why some people felt the design wasn't yours. The basic layout is somewhat common, as is the color scheme. I believe it is unique, but I believe it gives the illusion of having been seen elsewhere.

At any rate, although I don't know you, glad to see you'll stick around. I think veterans are a necessity to a community.

warlordste

Reaction score
glad to see that there are still some old dogs around :p its glad that your back you should stop there is still a good commity here but yer if you have a problem with something someone said or upset you report the post and some action will be done if its nessary but give it ago there alot of nice frendly people here :)

nightscream

Reaction score
Hi nightscream, welcome back to x10. I don't know what the forum design was in 2006, but i hope you like the new one. I got one more question. Do you speak Dutch or French or both? (because in Belgium there are 2 or 3 languages, and also because i am dutch)
I'm dutch, also speak french but that's not very much :p

Thanks all :)

Parsa44

Reaction score
I dont like it how you judge the whole community based on a small minoroty, although there are some people in x10hosting's community that are on the "I can be mean on the internet" side it doesnt mean we are all the same.