Constructive comments needed

Deadmeat

Reaction score
This is a website for a gaming alliance.

Im still making changes etc but intend to leave it largely like it is...especially the color scheme and format

http://gensis.x10hosting.com/

any comments that may help me hone it will be greatly appreciated
DM

satbir

Reaction score
From two angles:

Artistic angle:
1. Looks kool
2. Very simple and sober but looks artistic

Normal user angle
1. There is nothing much to attract user attention
2. Bright blue fight with the user eyes and looks very hard on them
3. No idea and no connection shown with intention of the site
4. User seems lost.

Hope this helps...

numberone

Reaction score
looks cool n its fast. not sure what the sites about though looks like its some kind of cult

DSiDesign

Reaction score
Hi...
I think you need to work on the design of your site...
The main text is like halfway down the page, I think your banner/navigation takes up too much space..
And your initial page, considering it's a Gamer's Alliance site - needs to be more, well... Epic! Maybe mess the font up a bit, don't make it all line up, make it look kinda, organised-chaos.. If you know what I mean?
I could provide a quick mock-up of my idea if you so desire?

Deadmeat

Reaction score
yeah the Nav area is large...but people will end up scrolling down anyway...so no real harm IMO

I originally made 3 different site formats and let the members of the allaince vote on which one they wanted along with comments etc.

Its locked in now by the vote....the people spoke etc etc.

Im alrdy planning an overhaul which will change everything...still using image slices thou as i think the end result is more professional and clean/crisp looking.
New version will be constructed in flash as i dont know how to preload images using just html.

Its targeted for the alliance members and for recruiting from the game...so people randomly surfing wont and really dont need a clue about what its all about....where as the people we redirect there know what the alliance is and just need some info to make a desicion on joining etc

Thanks for everyones comments to date
other peoples views are always interesting and sometimes enlightening
:)