Cookie Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

chr0n1x

Reaction score
I have a problem, when I install, a forum, or anything that has user registration, whenever someone tries to login, they are set as logged in, eg. phpbb "Users Online", but they are asked again for their username and password.
The admin interface for phpbb is the same, I log in, but when i try to go to a section, usually the second task, I am asked for my username and password. This then repeats, its like it will not store the cookie info, it wont set it, but on other forums for, say, filefront, it works like a charm.
It only does this with this hosting and I was wondering if there was a fix for this.

n4tec

Reaction score
phpbb changed there login system procedure when trying to access the Admin CP. Before you could login once and go straight to the Admin CP but now you have to log into the forum and then log into the ACP..

It is not a problem with the host just that phpbb is take measure to improve it board..

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Its just an added security enhancement used on most common types of forums (including vBulletin, Invision Power Board,..., etc.)

And just incase you ask 'Can I avoid/bypass this procedure?', The answer is 'No'

chr0n1x

Reaction score
I know about that, this also happened where it would log me into the board, but then the quick-login boxes would still be there.
This seems to have stopped since I checnged a setting in Firefox, but its funny how it oly happened for this provider. Anyway, I don't think it was the hoster, rather the phpbb, in how it was setting the cookies, but maybe not...

Status
Not open for further replies.