Coppermine 1.3.3 on Fantastico?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordis

Reaction score
Hi
I just installed CPG 1.3.2 via Fantastico and I realised that there is already a newer version available: Maintenance release 1.3.3
http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/board/index.php?topic=17134.0

In the website from Fantastico developers, I see that the latest Fantastico version already supports CPG 1.3.3:
http://netenberg.com/fantastico_scripts.php

I also read in some other posts that there are newer versions of several scripts which the Fantastico version available in the cPanel does not include.

Being brand new to X10Hosting (so I didn't really get to know the upgrading policies yet), I have a couple of questions:
1) Are you planning to include the newer script versions in the current Fantastico package or Fantastico comes as a "bundle" with no possibilities to expand the supported scripts?
2) If anwer is no, are there any plans to update Fantastico to the latest version so we can access to the latest script versions?
3) If so, does Fantastico support *updating* script versions instead of just installing them from scratch?
3) If no plans to update Fantastico, is it safe to proceed to update the scripts (CPG 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 in my case) to their newer versions when they have been installed via Fantastico? Any advise on precautions?

That's all
thanks!
jordis

jordis

Reaction score
Ok, then I'll give it a ttry and I'll update it myself...
Any people with *bad* experience updating CPG from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's really pretty easy as Auvee said, and I had no problem upgrading.

ss128

Reaction score
actually, there are quite a few outdated scripts on fantast5ico... including phpbb and we cant have that ;)

jordis

Reaction score
I did the upgrade by following the instructions found in the CPG documentation and everything went alright :grin:
For future upgraders, please DO follow the steps in the documentation...
Thanks for your help!

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yeah it is fast to upgrade but when you upgrade cpanel dos'nt everything in Fantastico get updated also?

jordis

Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
Yeah it is fast to upgrade but when you upgrade cpanel dos'nt everything in Fantastico get updated also?
Are you implying that *we* users can upgrade the cPanel?
or are you using "you" referring to the admins?
I would thing that's an Admin task... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.