cPanel mail auto-configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
I have setup 2 email addresses for my website within cPanel and was trying to add them to Microsoft Outlook 2003. I have tried setting up manually, with no luck, and using the autoconfiguration setting within cPanel - didnt create an account what-so-ever!

When i manually tried to configure my email account, it complained that it couldnt login to my email account. My email addresses are admin@tjeffsta.x10hosting.com and thejeffsta@tjeffsta.x10hosting.com. I tried to login using Outlook using the correct password and username (tried both thejeffsta@ and thejeffsta+). It is set to sent and recieve from mail.tjeffsta.x10hosting.com and requires authentification to send mail.

How come i cant get to my mail? I have tried changing the password for both accounts many times, still with no good result.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
I've always had problems trying to set up Outlook with any e-mail account so I just don't try anymore. It's easy to use the Webmail provided!

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
But, it would be easier if i could configure my Microsoft Outlook to retreive the mail, since it checks for mail every 1 minute and is set to run minimized!

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
[barf] i hate email progs

next time im custom installing m$office..
heck i stick with yahoo and gmail.. its all i need
hd related email progs bring all sorts of trouble..

oab

Reaction score
i cant even get my webmail to work LUCKY!, lol im so stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.