cPanel "Upgrade"?

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I use a few other free hosts that use the exact same cPanel as x10. however there seems to be a slight difference

one is there's a Last Modified Column:
radbbs.jpg

When you click on "Save Changes":
2rrxyxj.jpg

and when it's successful, "Success" appears:
2yv29oy.jpg

can x10's cPanel get this "upgrade"? or is it not possible or something?

because I know one of the other free hosts, [removed], had the cPanel that was EXACTLY like x10's without any of these new stuff. And then it now has them

These new features...

1. You'll know the time and date a file was last edited
2. If you make a change and press Save Changes but decide not to proceed, you can do so and press cancel
3. You stay on the file after saving changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkmere

Reaction score
The Time and date a file was modified can been seen many different ways even from the browsers Meta Data View. But I mean I think the current cPanel is just fine the features you listed do not weigh much esp the Last Modified when there is almost an unlimited amount of ways to view that

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I use a few other free hosts that use the exact same cPanel as x10. however there seems to be a slight difference

one is there's a Last Modified Column:
radbbs.jpg

When you click on "Save Changes":
2rrxyxj.jpg

and when it's successful, "Success" appears:
2yv29oy.jpg

can x10's cPanel get this "upgrade"? or is it not possible or something?

because I know one of the other free hosts, [removed], had the cPanel that was EXACTLY like x10's without any of these new stuff. And then it now has them

These new features...

1. You'll know the time and date a file was last edited
2. If you make a change and press Save Changes but decide not to proceed, you can do so and press cancel
3. You stay on the file after saving changes.

I believe this is part of an upgrade to cPanel.
As far as I'm aware there are no plans to roll this out in the very near future. :)

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The free servers (at least Chopin) is running cPanel 11.28.87

The above changes are in cPanel 11.30.0 .

It may be a question of matching x10's specs to the newer version. Several of the "issues" that have caused problems are due to limitations, etc in cPanel.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
ah I see. well I really like cPanel 11.30.0, but if there are issues upgrading to that then I'm okay with the current one :)

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
There are always issues upgrading. I think 100% of the last three or four times we upgraded cPanel/WHM on the free servers, we've ran into server-breaking issues that ended up being major pains to resolve. While there's the chance of that not happening this time, I'm not very confident...

It WILL be updated eventually, though, it just requires a lot more careful planning on our part before we attempt it :)

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If memory serves it was more than the most recent 4 times as well, it's just that the problems it caused were SLIGHTLY easier to resolve.

To put it lightly, cPanel ain't designed for the kind of abuse we like to put it through. Kinda like taking a luxury sedan offroad. You can do it, but support for it is hard to come by when something breaks, cause no one else has done it :p

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
I think, eventually it will be upgraded. But one of my favorite sayings is: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

fflandrath53

Reaction score
Hi all,
Hope this is the appropriate place for this post. I was a bit confused by the directive to respond to a recent cpanel update on starka in the "support" section yet the Starka update thread has been closed? At any rate, I notice that now the editor does not accept a save without first closing and re-entering edit and saving again. Also, it prompts user to select an encoding every time the file is saved. The privous version only requested encoding once and then it could be surrpressed and the user could just save the file without the extra step. This has made updating a bit more of a pain than it was. Other than that, it seems to be working fine.
Thank you for the great free hosting service...
Floyd

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this the editor under the normal file manager, not legacy?

fflandrath53

Reaction score
Hi Corey,
I checked that and I'm using the normal file manager, although the editor appears to be the legacy version???