Credit System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I know there was something posted about credit system being down or something like that, but I was wondering how the heck do I send and recieve credits since I don't see any links to do so. I understand that it used to be that you click the credits and it allowed you to check yours (if you clicked yours) or send some (if clicked on another user's credits. So, how do I send credits?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
The issue about credits was talked about here http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/122237-credits.html. After they last upgraded the forums, there was no upgrade for the credit system. What credits there were before the upgrade are still there. But gaining credits and transferring them is impossible at the moment. They are currently waiting for an stable upgrade on it to be released.

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I see...that just gives me another reason to say why vB sucks...
This forum should definately be converted to IPB...

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I see...that just gives me another reason to say why vB sucks...
This forum should definately be converted to IPB...

Well I don't believe the Credits system being used here is maintained by the official vBulletin team. I think its a third party modification/plugin being used here.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Well I don't believe the Credits system being used here is maintained by the official vBulletin team. I think its a third party modification/plugin being used here.
Obviously...

If you were more aware and informed of forum software in regards to IPB, you'd know that most mods for IPB do not require an edit/rewrite everytime IPB updates minor or major features including thier security unless its a whole new version (v2 to v3, etc.). All I'm trying to say is that x10 made a weak move by sticking with vB and the credit system is one the many things that show that.

For example:
They just released IPBv3.1 and nearly all mods that were for v3.0.x work for IPBv3.1

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
It isn't a weak move when you consider how much work and expense it would take to migrate all the forums and all of the integrated backend systems to a whole different forum platform. X10 have a more advanced setup than most as all of the user accounts are all linked to the hosting accounts and the hosting account panel; moving to a different forum software would mean recoding most of the linking scripts and the account panel.
Also, I believe the last update done here was a major update, so it is understandable that things can break.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
It isn't a weak move when you consider how much work and expense it would take to migrate all the forums and all of the integrated backend systems to a whole different forum platform. X10 have a more advanced setup than most as all of the user accounts are all linked to the hosting accounts and the hosting account panel; moving to a different forum software would mean recoding most of the linking scripts and the account panel.
Also, I believe the last update done here was a major update, so it is understandable that things can break.
Once again yall don't put much research into what you post. Check this link out and if x10 has this so called expertise in what they do, then this task would be simple and they could go even further in developing their hosting services with ease. Also, their so called backed systems are all manually linked by the users/clients anyhow, so all of that is just a bunch of excuses. Of course, as always it doesn't matter what I or any other members says as out opinions don't mater here at x10, but anyhow just wanted to point out some of the many member's frustrations that can be easily fixed to allow less stress on x10.

Last edited:

jpr28056

Reaction score
Once again yall don't put much research into what you post. Check this link out and if x10 has this so called expertise in what they do, then this task would be simple and they could go even further in developing their hosting services with ease. Also, their so called backed systems are all manually linked by the users/clients anyhow, so all of that is just a bunch of excuses. Of course, as always it doesn't matter what I or any other members says as out opinions don't mater here at x10, but anyhow just wanted to point out some of the many member's frustrations that can be easily fixed to allow less stress on x10.

Why are you whining about something that is FREE. Do you not understand time and expense. You can't just turn something this big off, migrate and huge number, and then back on. I'm new here but tired of people complaining about something they don't pay for. If you're so great at this go start your own FREE hosting company and see how it goes.

Sorry for the rant mods.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts are if it's so easy to have the users link the accounts, how's the Inactivity system gunna work when it's a totally different system?

Can't login to the AIP without fixing that too - that tries to use the forum login info.

Ticket system would need to be rewritten - that was custom built and integrated into vB. This is probably the biggest pain of all of them; it's an extra button on the forums, a few extra database calls and overwrites.

Permissions for everything would need to be redone, including getting to be Community Advocates.

Not to mention a new theme. All when it's working pretty darn well as it currently stands. If credits are all we have to worry about, then I think we're doing well.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
First off, I didn't mean this thread to become a combat zone, but some members can't clearly read a thread and just rant off. I just wantedto know about the credit system and offer a suggestion. I do apologize and I had previously read the other credit system thread, but when I had, the question was a bit off from what I wanted to know up until this thread was posted.

My thoughts are if it's so easy to have the users link the accounts, how's the Inactivity system gunna work when it's a totally different system?

Can't login to the AIP without fixing that too - that tries to use the forum login info.

Ticket system would need to be rewritten - that was custom built and integrated into vB. This is probably the biggest pain of all of them; it's an extra button on the forums, a few extra database calls and overwrites.

Permissions for everything would need to be redone, including getting to be Community Advocates.

Not to mention a new theme. All when it's working pretty darn well as it currently stands. If credits are all we have to worry about, then I think we're doing well.
*sigh* this is really becoming cliche....
The inactivity system already is built in IPB. You search all users who have been inactive for X amount of time and delete them. This can also be automatic if desired. If the database is linked in the same way vB is, then when converted, the clients can automatically be put on suspension or automatically deleted after a certain period or time the user doesn't respond, if desired.

When converting, there would be no lag or large server usage.

Permissions, users, staff, admin, ranks, forums, sections, etc. are automatically converted.

The x10 ticket system is its own stand alone suite.

There is a free theme almost identical to the one x10 is currently using and would just require a logo upload. If they want to edit anything with that theme or create a new one, well IPB has a easy and complex skin generator that allows a skin to be created in a few minutes.

The only thing I see x10 would be missing is any additional mods they are currently using with vB.

The reason I know so much about IPB is that I am currently using it and will continue to in my upcoming hosting. I set it up and everything is fully integrated without any manual linking of any kind. A user signs up at forums it creates a user in the client database and forum database. Both use same log-in and when one is edited in the forums it edits it in the client system and vise-versa. All done with a simple mod set up in 1-5 minutes. All x10 would need to do is pay for IPB and convert. If they don't feel they have the skill to do so or are too busy as they always say, then they can pay a small fee to have IPB professionals do it for them as they continue doing what they do.

Why are you whining about something that is FREE. Do you not understand time and expense. You can't just turn something this big off, migrate and huge number, and then back on. I'm new here but tired of people complaining about something they don't pay for. If you're so great at this go start your own FREE hosting company and see how it goes.
Once again, another non-researched and completely missed my point post. I am not "whining". I am clearly giving a suggestion much like many other users who get crap form people like you. Instead of complaining that I'm so called whining, then actually read the damn thread clearly. If you honestly must know, I had a FREE hosting company up when I was 16 up until last year when I went off to college. I now am finally restarting it back up with IPB with just a few simple mods that allow me to achieved what x10 has (in regards to the simple database questions yall keep asking about). So, please stop throwing random insults at me and actually look things up before acting all big stuff then sucking up to mods.

Instead of argueing with me why not actually see here what IPB now has that is way above vB. They include a FREE iphone/itouch app. With this alone, it increases traffic to x10 by a large percentage. They have facebook and twitter integration which is amazing and brings even more traffic throuth the spread of word. More extra features can be found here.

Once again, I realize I have no control over what decisions x10 makes and just wanted some info about the credit system, btu it turned into a battlze zone with one user and a conversation about IPB, vB, and x10 with other users.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I think that this thread might be better served by relocation to the suggestions and feedback forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.