Credits for a good review

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
This is my first video game project. Please give me ways to improve it.

I will accept comments on the visuals, gameplay, or anything else relating to that page.

Reputation will be awarded to those who give out helpful suggestions. (worth 25 pts)

If you are extremely helpful, I will give you additional points on top of the reputation. (10-50)
Here is the link:

http://trifold.us/agelesscommanders

LHVWB

Reaction score
While there is nothing which is a huge issue with your website, I would say that you should try and get a better template to make the site look better, because at the moment it looks very basic and old-style. While I don't have much experience creating templates, I would recommend that you try to put the content of the page into divs as a start, although some other people might have better ideas. :)

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Please don't create a new thread because someone hasn't responded; just edit your last post and put
Edit:
Anyone?
and that will bump it up. I have responded to the other thread so look at that one for comments on the design.
Try not to go too dark with your template or it will scare some
users off. Instead, keep some dark but add some light. (i.e. Make the background white instead of black.
:)

D

dWhite

I would suggest making your background a little lighter. My suggestion would maybe be #EEEEEE, which is a shade of off white from #FFFFFF.

Also, your logo needs a little work. I am not sure if it is my eyes playing tricks with me, but the text on the logo seems a little blurry.

For the login area, instead of stacking the username/password/game number next to each other I would suggest you center them and place a line break after each one to make it more appealing. And for the Login and Create a Game links, I suggest maybe putting them under the initial login forms and seperate them like; Login! | Create a Game.

For your basic guide, I would suggest putting a link back to the index page so people won't have to manually click back on their browser to get back to the main page.

swirly

Reaction score
Change your site so its not offset to the right. My screen at school is 600x800 and I have to scroll right to see it completely, I haven't played it yet but I'll try it later. I would also reccomend a template and variations from the traditional red and black and the fuzziness around the letters.

allinone

Reaction score
your front page doesn't gives much information about ur site or what to do..

every type of people will click on it so u must provide some information on first page... it looks like to the point website page...

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
Okay, thank you for all of that.

Most of you got reputation, a few of you will get additional credits.

The game is supposed to be war-like, so the background is purposefully black.

Those of you who said 'change the template' were not specific enough.

Swirly, I'm sorry about the 800x600 screen. The site was built for 940xXXXX people. I'll see what I can do to change that.

dWhite, thank you for the specific astetics recommendation.

Allinone, thanx for informing me that my fron page should have more content on it.

Keep the suggestions coming. As you can probably tell, I'm very new to this.

edit: To aopsftw, Your comments seem to be pointed towards trifold.us. I was asking for comments about the /agelesscommanders part of the page. I am aware that the homepage is dull. That will probably change soon.

edit # 2: Do you guys think that it would be better to have the login on the home page or its own separate page?

edit # 3: I have not had time to make all of the changes. If you see that I have not made a change, I just may not have had time.

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
The red on the black is vibrating and is hard to see. Maybe swap some colors. (like make the red something lighter)