CS vs. CS3

bballjh

Reaction score
I have photoshop CS and I was wondering if I should upgrade to CS3, and if so what the advatages/disadvatages would be.

Tankinator

Reaction score
I use Abobe Photoshop CS2. I don't know what the differences are personally, but i have heard there are a lot of changes and new features when comparing it to CS but when comparing it to CS2 there's not as much difference.

I found this video on YouTube for you. It displays the differences between Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop CS3. I hope it might be of some use.

I would suggest doing a Google search if you wish to know more.

Regards,
Tankinator.
http://tanksbunker.exofire.com

sunils

Reaction score
Sorry even i do not know the difference. but there will be certainly some changes as i have seen the changes in cs2. previously i was using photoshop 7

rosgar

Reaction score
Photoshop CS, CS2, CS3 have their differences especially when you export your files, there are added features Like Zoomify. I like this stuff. Anyway, there's nothing more new. I wish Macromedia didn't merged with Adobe.

Last edited:

theBruney

Reaction score
Photoshop CS, CS2, CS3 have their differences especially when you export your files, there are added features Like Zoomify. I like this stuff. Anyway, there's nothing more new. I wish Macromedia didn't merged with Adobe.

I can agree with that but if Macromedia was going bankrupt, what else could the poor suckers do? *sigh*

Anyhow, I don't use CS3, I imagine it consumes a lot of RAM considering all those new upgrades. Anyone can testify to the fact that Adobe programs get greedier and greedier on the RAM consumption with each new version update.

I've actually got the complete platinum software, but the entire thing just takes too much of my space. I installed it and there was a problem, as the software didn't install properly. After going to remove and re-install, I noticed all the space the entire lot took up, something over 900MBs I remember. So I just decided to un-install and stick with the old. I don't think I'm just yet missing out on anything. As I can still design some good old graphics with my current CS. I reckon I wouldn't really need all those added features from CS3 anyhow.

I suppose to answer the thread question without actual first hand knowledge, I'd say go for CS3 if you are going to gear towards 3D design, because from what I hear, that's what the main updates include.