CSS Guide

Jober68

Reaction score
This is not a completed guide and I will add more with each passing day until I finish it.

CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet and is used to add decoration, color, positioning, and other great things to your website. In other words it is used for making layouts. CSS is often combined with HTML or PHP in order to make things look "Pretty" and in the following sections I plan to introduce you to using CSS and explaining how it can make your site so much easier to produce as well as appear to everyone who visits.

As mentioned before CSS is often linked to a php or html page in order to add color or background or positioning. To do this you must first have an HTML page. If you are going to be using the same style sheet for several pages you need to include the following Code in the html of all of those pages:
Code:
head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="stylepage.css" />
</head>
this will pull all of the CSS script from stylepage.css whereas if you just wish for it to be one page style sheet you can include it with the HTML page so you do not have to create a CSS file by using
Code:
<style> YOUR CSS HERE </style>
which is usually placed before the <head> tags or at the very beginning of the html document.

So now that you know how to link a HTML document to a CSS document let's learn how to write up CSS.

CSS Syntax
CSS Backgrounds
CSS Text and Font
CSS Borders
CSS Margins and Padding
CSS Lists

LINKS WILL BE PLACED HERE LINKING YOU TO SPECIFIC TUTORIALS ON "HOW TO" DO A SPECIFIC CSS COMMAND.