Cynical Games

Cynical

Reaction score
I've been using this layout for my site for a while now but I've never asked anyone's opinion on it... so... whatchya think? I made everything entirely myself from the articles to the downloads to the site design (PHP) and skin images.

http://cynic.x10hosting.com

Thanks for any feedback :) ,
--Cynical

moose

Reaction score
Very cool. Did you script the CMS by yourself?

Agh.. I should get my butt to work on my CMS.

I just don't think the Splash screen is needed since it doesn't do anything effective like pre load the actual page or anything.

Nonetheless, pretty darn sweet.

Cynical

Reaction score
Yeah the CMS is entirely written by me, but its not really one I could release because there's no way to manage it from the site (you need to edit index.php, etc). The splash screen used to be a portal for a subsite that has been removed... so right now it is very pointless indeed. Thanks for the feedback :).

Cynical

Reaction score
I've done some updating, which included the removal of the portal page and some other additional updates. I have a few articles I am going to put on there as well. Please vote if you like my site:

Last edited:

Tristan

Reaction score
I've never been very fond of the pastel blue and grey colour scheme, but it's very clear which is good.

Rising

Reaction score
man, where is the best php tutorials?
i have looked on php.net, but its boring, because like its just array n stuff, any other tutorial sites on it?

@ Site: I like, but i think it would look better if it didnt say :News and Suggestions i think, and it all went square with it

Colin

Reaction score
Rising said:
i have looked on php.net, but its boring, because like its just array n stuff, any other tutorial sites on it?

@ Site: I like, but i think it would look better if it didnt say :News and Suggestions i think, and it all went square with it

Man if you ever find one thats really good send me a PM because I've been looking all over for one

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
Rising said:

I don't think it says "News and Suggestions" anywhere on my site...

Cynical

Reaction score
Cynical said:
Rising said:

I don't think it says "News and Suggestions" anywhere on my site...
Ah, I suspect you mean the News and Updates header. I agree, its a bit awkward, so I've removed it.

Also, I've just bought a domain name from GoDaddy.com: www.cynicalgames.com. It is still pending on some stuff and I have some things to tweak but right now at least it works :) .