Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneyboi73

Reaction score
I am moving from a different host and was wondering how can I transfer my SQL databases over to this host? I have two. The main one I need is for my forum.
Also when I try to access my site I get a default start page instead of my index file
Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Anyone going to help me?

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The default index page is already resolved, try clearing your cache and flush your dns and reload it.

For the databases, you'll need to figure out how to export them at your old hosting company. Once we know the format of the file we can help more; the easiest one is either a .sql or a .txt file that has all the SQL commands to create the table and insert the data - hopefully your hold host can kick one of those back, because then we just go to PHPMyAdmin in cPanel and head to Import, give it that file, and it'll import it :)

shaneyboi73

Reaction score
Ok I got the backup from my forum. Installed phpBB on this host and injected the backup database and add in my style with my mods etc but I get a general error.

General Error

Could not get style data

Don't understand how to get around it. Tried but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.