deleting a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You can delete it through the file manager in your cPanel or through ftp.

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Ok, one thing about deleting through file manager, how do I do it exactly? There is no delete link right by the file. To a screen reader user, the links appear as upload, download, edit, code editor and delete or something like that then the files. Ideally, it would say filename edit delete and whatever other options. Any suggestions? Maybe something could be done to improve this part of the interface? Also, why have I not been recieving emails when threads are updated? I thought I was subscribed to threads automatically?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
File Manager:

There is a blue bar at the top that says File Manager, and then a link for settings, and then to the right it has a search function.
Below where is says File Manager, you'll see buttons that go in this order:
New File, New Folder, Copy, Move File, Upload, Download, Delete

To delete your file or files, click on that empty square to the left of the file you want to delete so that it's selected. Then go click the delete button.

As for doing something to improve the interface for the file manager, x10hosting can't do anything about. But I'm sure that cPanel would like to take your suggestions http://www.cpanel.net/.

To subscribe to this thread, click on thread tools, and then click on subscribe to this thread.

Last edited:

gomarc

Reaction score
Hi bobdavcav98,

While using File Manager or a FTP, you can also select the file or folder you want to delete and hit the DELETE key on your keyboard.

Make sure you have a backup in case something goes wrong, because once you delete the file or folder it’s gone for good, with no change to undo (unless you have a backup, of course)

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I'll have to check out the subscribe thing as I thought that when you opened a thread you were automatically subscribed.

Status
Not open for further replies.