DNS Records Not Updating

rishsnair

Reaction score
I am the owner of the medunityllc.org domain, and currently host the website through the x10Hosting plan. However, I own the domain through GoDaddy. My account is under the rishab.nair@medunityllc.org email account.

I realized that once I changed the nameservers for the domain, although my website was being hosted, my email accounts- which were managed by GoDaddy as well- stopped working. To allow for these emails to continue being active, GoDaddy allows for the MX and TXT records to be changed in the DNS records to ones that allow the emails to work. However, when I updated these records on my end, it looks like they're not actually updating. What should I do so that they are updated?

ctyrd

Reaction score
The x10hosting free service, it will be easier to use the X10hosting DNS host, and email server.

rishsnair

Reaction score
The x10hosting free service, it will be easier to use the X10hosting DNS host, and email server.
Maybe, but I have already paid for the GoDaddy email server. That too, the free service only allows for three emails, including the admin email. Through GoDaddy, I currently have paid for six emails, along with a security system. All I would really need is for the DNS host to update, as I've done everything I can from my end. When the MX and TXT records update, I will be all set.

ctyrd

Reaction score
From here it looks like your using the x10 DNS manager (host). The MX records should be updated in the Directadmin control panel. Update the record and uncheck the local mail server.

/evo/user/dns/mx-records
mxrecord.png

x10 free service php script 9 (contact form) will not be able to send mail. not sure about js.

You may be able to use the GoDaddy DNS manager host. Just point the domain to x10.

rishsnair

Reaction score
I've unchecked that option as well.

I'd like to keep using the x10 DNS manager due to the free SSL I get. Is there any other way I can force a DNS update through x10? I've used https://mxtoolbox.com/DnsLookup.aspx and it shows that the DNS still isn't updated.

ctyrd

Reaction score
mx record "10 mx"
A record for "mx" point to your mail servers ip
I really don't know if it will work.