Do I need x10infinity or better?

vgchat

Reaction score
Alright, my old free host told me the other day that my site is receiving 5K apache requests with 700 Unique Views per day? My site is expected to hit 2000 UV's per day like it did before I switched domains btw & lost traffic... So what plan on x10 would be the best to accommodate this?

I guess apache requests means Unique Requests per file?

Last edited:

vgchat

Reaction score
Almost a whole week without a single reply even though I've seen staff looking at this thread? Did I miss something? Is x10hosting dead nowadays?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Frankly, it's not a question that has a simple answer. A single request can be a next-to-no-cost event; it can also be near your resource limit all by itself. You can serve 100K uniques/day using the same resources that would get you halted at 20. It depends what your site is doing, how much of that activity is concurrent, how much is cached both locally and at Varnish (server-side) etc. The simple answer, of course, would be that you absolutely need a dedicated server - that ensures you'll be paying at least $129 a month - but it probably isn't the correct answer. You should have a much better idea of the resources you're using; Free Hosting staff are primarily occupied with the business of keeping the service running and the servers off of blacklists. If you want to make inquiries as to the suitability of various levels of paid hosting for your anticipated needs, then talk to sales at x10Premium.com..

vgchat

Reaction score
Well about my site, it runs vbulletin 4. I don't have varnish or any server side cache setup that I know of.
I notice that it

* uses under 200 mb of ram (most of the time I believe it's around 140 mb)
* Is now around 700 UV's/day (out of a expected 2K/day)
* uses 1-4 percent cpu on average
* zero entry process most of the time, spiked once today to 4
* aces pagescore & yslow tests (90+ percent) (with adblock enabled on the tests)
* and right now maxes at about 5GB bandwidth
* and uses less than 2GB of space

So I would think it's pretty light on resources. I'll see about contacting sales.

Last edited: