Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Tried it once

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeColeWH

Reaction score
More and likely I have. I mean..who hasn't? I like you sig, Hardy Boyz rock!

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna skip this. Quite a controversial topic this. I prefer Linux, better safe then sorry.

rlodge

Reaction score
Don't use it. I'm not better than anyone else but everything I've needed in the way of software either already came with my system or I found it free.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Hah you bet I use torrents! I'm extremely close to uninstalling Limewire

Last edited:

jbyrns93

Reaction score
I will never download a torrent file again. I got 6 viruses from 1 torrent. I had to reformat my Hard Drive. It is a practice I strongly condemn. Only do it if you have a Mac. Macs don't get viruses.

jbyrns93

mr kennedy

Reaction score
uTorrent Rocks!

More and likely I have. I mean..who hasn't? I like you sig, Hardy Boyz rock!

Hey thanks ;)

i dont use torrents but i use limewire (alot)

uninstall the crappy software... that got me into alot of viruses

I think I'm gonna skip this. Quite a controversial topic this. I prefer Linux, better safe then sorry.

come on Syed, answer the question. don't be shy.... :biggrin:

Hah you bet I use torrents! I'm extremely close to uninstalling Limewire

do it!

What are those torrents? I want to try

your choice but if you ever get into the ship, I'll give ya an eyepatch lol... j/k

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I will never download a torrent file again. I got 6 viruses from 1 torrent. I had to reformat my Hard Drive. It is a practice I strongly condemn. Only do it if you have a Mac. Macs don't get viruses.

jbyrns93

It's why you get torrents from good sources and read the comments; also don't be fooled by the file name. Come to think of it, I've never gotten any viruses from either torrents or Limewire. Just think before you download, it'll save you a lot of future work on virus and spyware removal.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I've used both Limewire and torrents. The trick lies in identifying sites that are clean and in Limewire, almost all the .exe, .rar files are certain to contain viruses. You can makeout which ones are infected. The are usually the ones with the largest number of sources and are of small sites. About torrents, I had a good one, boasted of not having a single dummy torrent. But sadly its been taken down. So my downloads have been reduced.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I get my softwares free via university links with some Microsoft student alliance thing... I think it's a way for them to ensure students (who are tight, by definition...) don't use alternatives to Windows for financial reasons! Unfortunately, the full Office suite isn't covered by this, but for having a valid .ac.uk, .edu, etc email address, it (Office 2007 'Ultimate') can be bought for £40 (or $60). Dammit.... $60 is £~30! I was ripped off!

Last edited:

kajasweb

Reaction score
Frankly.. I do download.. But only Music Albums.
I use Legal / genuine Softwares..

Lancer

Reaction score
Arr. I've never gotten viruses from torrents. You need to find yourself a nice little private tracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.