Do you think we should have went to war with Iraq?

Do you think we should of went to war with Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 82.6%

• Total voters

Kay

Reaction score
Well we all have different views - but I really want to know what some of you guys think about - it may be a hard question for some or not so hard for others - But... Do you think it was right to go to war with Iraq? - Not only are people still dieing but loved ones are upset about it - I don’t now anyone in the army but many do - Do you think it was right to go to war with Iraq?

I say we should of never went to war - just because they thought there maybe - weapons of mass destruction there - what do you lot think?

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Do you think we should of went to war with Iraq?

Defenitly not. United States has nothing to do in the Arabic countryes. I think that they are only there because they are intrested in things thay can give money to them (oil).
I think Bush is the worst thing that has happened to USA.

Most people here in Argentina are against war, and all HATE Bush.

Kay

Reaction score

Wow - fedlerner those are some very strong coments you made - I do agree - i live in the UK but I also dont think Bush is that good.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score

Kay said:
I say we should of never went to war - just because they thought there maybe - weapons of mass destruction there - what do you lot think?

Lol sorry, I want to clear up a misconception. Saddam DID have weapons of mass destruction; ask the thousands of Kurds he gassed to death. Also there were satellite pictures of increased activity around known WMD sites.

Before the invasion of Iraq, Saddam shipped all WMD's to neighboring countries Syria and Iran (if you don't believe me, read the book that Saddam's air force general wrote; he describes how they smuggled the WMD's into those countries).

But I do admit, Bush isn't the greatest president we've ever had, but he is certainly not a terrorist, and did have a just reason to attack. Personally I would've held off the Iraq war for a couple years just to get the situation in Afghanistan sorted out

Chris Z

Reaction score

ya i totally agree with Sparikan here, i was just abuot to post the same thing lol, my main point is that Iraq did have WMD, the UN was just too stupid to look hard enough, and it's not like the searches were secret or anything, they could've easily stashed them elsewhere from the point that they knew the UN was gonna look for them

vitaorsa

Reaction score

You might want to change that WE bit Kay, as not everyone is from the same country.

As for going into Iraq, I think it was kind of a stupid thing for the US to do. Its caused them more grief than good from what I can see, the only reason that they were able to do such a thing was that Iraq didn't have a supporter base.

If Indonesia were to have been identified as having WMD, there is no way that the US would have done the same. Indonesia Muslim population is to great, which would cause a world wide backlash upon the US as being anti-Muslim.

Its all about backing. Would the US take the same stance against Iran or Korea?

As for the UN, it has never really had enough power to act properly. There will always be disagreement between countries.

cheaster pyloa

Reaction score

I think the states should have waited unill there was more international support so they didn't make a huge as of themselves like they did

Hanbit

Reaction score

cheaster pyloa said:
I think the states should have waited unill there was more international support so they didn't make a huge as of themselves like they did

The United States already has International Support from the UK and UN.

billybob bo buck said:
ya i totally agree with Sparikan here, i was just abuot to post the same thing lol, my main point is that Iraq did have WMD, the UN was just too stupid to look hard enough, and it's not like the searches were secret or anything, they could've easily stashed them elsewhere from the point that they knew the UN was gonna look for them

How can the United Nations be stupid enough to look hard enough? If that was to happen then UN wouldnt have found some of the Weopons in some areas of Iraq. The UN looks everywhere and they are a very cooperate district that gets help from NATO. The thing is that Iraq isn't hiding it. The Al Queda is and the UN thinks Saddam hid it.

vitoarsa said:
You might want to change that WE bit Kay, as not everyone is from the same country.

As for going into Iraq, I think it was kind of a stupid thing for the US to do. Its caused them more grief than good from what I can see, the only reason that they were able to do such a thing was that Iraq didn't have a supporter base.

If Indonesia were to have been identified as having WMD, there is no way that the US would have done the same. Indonesia Muslim population is to great, which would cause a world wide backlash upon the US as being anti-Muslim.

Its all about backing. Would the US take the same stance against Iran or Korea?

As for the UN, it has never really had enough power to act properly. There will always be disagreement between countries.

Iraq is not as stupid you think. Every conflict has good and bads in it. Every conflict brings grief than good more than it is. Look into World War Two. It was nearly the same grief that Iraq is having.

Why is Indonesia brough up? Tsunamis there are preventing US to check them out.

Its not about backing. North Korea is a differ story because it has a huge army since 55 years ago. Iran is just like Iraq but the government of Iran is very firm and strong.

What are you talking about? UN has alot of power. Sure theres disagreement but the its just like congress. Half says yes than its valid.

Alecto

Reaction score

I don't think we should have gone straight away, i think there were better ways they could have handles it, but i think it would have prgressed for the worse and end in war anyway

vitaorsa

Reaction score

Hanbit said:
What are you talking about? UN has alot of power. Sure theres disagreement but the its just like congress. Half says yes than its valid.

When have the UN ever gone into a country to sort out a problem? To my understanding they have never gone into a country until after somebody else has stepped in.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score

vitaorsa said:
When have the UN ever gone into a country to sort out a problem? To my understanding they have never gone into a country until after somebody else has stepped in.

Yes.. quite frankly I think the U.N. is causing more problems than it has solved.. it's a waste of resources to participate; I'm predicting it will fall apart like its' predecessor the League of Nations.. it will either have to radically improve or be replaced.. again

cheaster pyloa

Reaction score

Hanbit said:
The United States already has International Support from the UK and UN.

Actually the UN and NATO were against it as UN weapon inceptors were still in the Country.

But what i meant is have more Countries involved ie like what happened in Afghanistan

jaint

Reaction score

The UN is one of the most pathetic organizations in the world. They rely on all UN member countries providing troops to help in UN missions, however in many cases most countries are unwilling to provide troops. Whenever the UN does manage to get these troops (they go by the name NATO), they generally cause more destruction and chaos.

The UN is just a nice diplomatic front to an organization that lets itself get bullied and controlled by Western and other powerful Nations. The UN is in a very sad and flimsy form, it relies too much on other countries and it is powerless to the United States.

Back to the question, I think America should not have gone to war with Iraq, as well as Afghanistan. Everyone forgets about Afghanistan. I mean after 9/11, Americans were so pissed off that they just let their government carpet bomb Afghanistan. The UN (ha) actually released a report saying that almost 80% of casualties during the wars beginning were of civilians. That's just way too high and Americans are guilty for the atrocities that occurred there (most of which have never been talked about in the Western media because most were oblivious to what was actually going on, and in most cases - ppl actually promoted and supported that war).

Hanbit

Reaction score

vitaorsa said:

There is such thing called UN Forces. Such as Korean War the UN brough 16 Countries to "Police actions". So Thats still sorting out a problem but there are things that are never solved.

cheaster pyloa said:
Actually the UN and NATO were against it as UN weapon inceptors were still in the Country.

But what i meant is have more Countries involved ie like what happened in Afghanistan

NATO supported it for defense only. The UN is a whole bunch of countries. So half agrees and half doesnt. Basically like congress. UN is not a government.

Spartan Erik said:
Yes.. quite frankly I think the U.N. is causing more problems than it has solved.. it's a waste of resources to participate; I'm predicting it will fall apart like its' predecessor the League of Nations.. it will either have to radically improve or be replaced.. again

UN did not cause problems. Everyone says it will fall like its predecessor the League Of Nations but that is incorrect. President Wilson didnt even join Leagoe Of Nations. That was the problem. Not many countries cooperated. In the UN they did. And it is very important cause without a UN a World War will start.

So to you, what is better? A World War or a small country war.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score

I think Bush is a great president. I thiunk this because I am jewish, and he helps out israel alot. If the us didnt help out israel it would be gone by now, and jews of the world would be in huge trouble.

For the war in Iraq I think it was good they went in. Those Palitsinians are crazy. I just wish sum1 cood say "what are you doing?" and theyd realize how much chaos they are causing.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score

Hanbit said:
So to you, what is better? A World War or a small country war.

Technically, the war we are fighting already is a "World War"

Iraq Iran Afghanistan Syria Israel United States Canada Great Britain Germany Japan South Korea China.. they're all participating.. it already IS a world war.. the U.S. just happens to be dominating, that's all

Kay

Reaction score

Were getting loads of replies and I think I can now see what many people think.

t2t2t

Reaction score

From an american living in estonia:
George Bush is a criminal, His whole family is criminal
PHP:
<?
if ($war == $solution) {
print 'World has finaly come to end!';
}
?>

Kay

Reaction score

We do are have our own thoghts but well - however said this...
George Bush is a criminal, His whole family is criminal
...went a bit too far. Dont you guys think - what do you lot think of that

t2t2t

Reaction score

Aye, i haven't said it, but an American, who came to live in estonia, said so, in public television.

As long as freedom of what we can speak lives, we can say what we want to!
(but seems like that freedoms gonna end soon...)