Does anyone use trillian?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I tried it out once and I really didnt like it, plus most or all of my friends use aim so I just use that :)

Maurice

Reaction score
Erm Trillian has MSN, AIM,ICQ and YIM included, so that's not true Tyler :p.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ademonicbaby said:
Erm Trillian has MSN, AIM,ICQ and YIM included, so that's not true Tyler :p.
I know that ademonicbaby, but none of my friends have anything other then aim, so it was to much, I didnt need MSN, ICQ or YIM :)

Xempttt

Reaction score
does anyone know how to use the irc and how come u have negative points kid?

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I tried trillian and I did'nt like it. There was no web cam feature only for the Pro version which you have to pay.... and I don't like to pay!

Xempttt

Reaction score
i dont like to show myself on the internet. too ugly. :santa: u cant see me

Foggy

Reaction score
I use trillian. It's handy and is without the bloat of all the other instant messenger clients. What I would really like, though, is the direct connection option to work in AIM. Then it would be the ultimate piece of software.

Chris

Reaction score
Foggy said:
I use trillian. It's handy and is without the bloat of all the other instant messenger clients. What I would really like, though, is the direct connection option to work in AIM. Then it would be the ultimate piece of software.

Unless I'm thinking of GAIM, of which I use, it does work. You just need to open the port if you're behind a router or firewall. Now if Trillian doesn't support it, then yeah, you can't... heh.

Foggy

Reaction score
Last time I checked the trillian message board it wasn't supported. Maybe I'll check it again. I didn't think it did in GAIM either. I'll have to check it out and post here if I find anything.

EDIT: It seems I was wrong in both instances. Both GAIM and Trillian 3.1 seem to natively support Direct Connect. That shows how much you can trust my first instincts...

Last edited:

Cycloneflame

Reaction score
I liked trillian for a while, butI only really use MSN Messenger 7 now, so that's what I use.

izmaelis

Reaction score
I used Trillian long long time ago and, actually, I didn't like it cause Trillian Pro (where useful features are enabled) isn't free (as in beer). Now I use Miranda-IM for ICQ and Yahoo and a native MSN Messenger 7.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I take back everything I said about trillian. I decided to download the new version and it is SWEET! lol

-Tyler

izmaelis

Reaction score
Tyler said:
I take back everything I said about trillian. I decided to download the new version and it is SWEET! lol

-Tyler
So what's so sweet in a new version of this application?
I must say that native instant messeging clients from Yahoo, ICQ, MSN are much better then any Trillian, Miranda, GAIM, SIM, kopete etc., but they consume to much of computer resources and it's not wise to use all of them at the same time.
BTW, is it possible to turn of ICQ banner at the bottom of conversation window? Is there any way to do that without cracking program?

chicago

Reaction score
I like trillain my much better than having all the programs downloaded on the computer. It would take my computer so long to load up Yahoo, Aim, and MSN. I would be waiting for hours.