Does your PC boot up slow? SOLUTION!!!

XUnreal

Reaction score
Does your PC take long to boot up?
Solution:

1. Goto your Control Panel (If on Windows XP goto step 1a, if not skip to step 2).
1a. Click on Switch to classic mode, which is on the left sidebar
2. Now goto Power Options, then click on hibernate.
3. You will now see a tick box saying Enable Hibernation. Make sure that is ticked then goto Advanced.
4. Now click on the selection box below When I press my power button on my computer.
5. Change that to Hibernate, (Note if you do not see Hibernate, close Power options and go back on it from the control panel).
6. FINISHED!!

Now when you turn your computer off, it will say "Hibernating" and turn off.
Then when you turn your computer on, it will say "Resuming Windows...." and all the applications you had loaded will still be there.

Last edited:

NielsJanssen

Reaction score
it'll work allright but there are 2 main problems using this:
1. it uses up to 512megs
and 2. when you start the computer from hybernation you do not need to enter a password so everyone can get access to your pc

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
if your computer boots slow you might as well find out what useless tasks are running, or what progs are hogging your memory..

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Thanks but no thanks. I might try it latter but I do not have a slow booting PC.

Conor

Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
Thanks but no thanks. I might try it latter but I do not have a slow booting PC.
Then don't post. :getlost:

Woolie

Reaction score
If my pc boots up slow, thats when i think it's time to go buy a new one ;-)

B

Brandon

I normaly keep mine in hibernation with 2gb of ram I really dont have a problem.

Chirantha

Reaction score
it'll work allright but there are 2 main problems using this:
1. it uses up to 512megs
and 2. when you start the computer from hybernation you do not need to enter a password so everyone can get access to your pc

No It does not use 512MB because if some ones RAM + Vertual Memory + Page File is = 4GB You need a 4GB of space to hibranate. I use Windows XP SP2 and when the computer comes out hobranation it ask my password again but I am still logged in. That means the computer is safe. ANd you forgot the most improtent part, Hibranation causes a lot of memory leeks and memory falure.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Its really not good for the pc in my opinion. I leave mine off

kachon

Reaction score
Clean Up all start ups program that you don't need, then your system will boot and run faster

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
but what if you want to turn off your power, i mean not every one want to leave their power on forever. that is a problem with hibernation.

moose

Reaction score
There's this one artice I saw on a issue of "Maximum PC" that told something like Make your system boot in 15 seconds. I'll find the actual thing and post it here sometime soon but the concept was, you make it so your computer doesn't read your drives at startup and all that stuff. I'll go look for it and post it.

masterebayer

Reaction score
my computher is always one. my computer been on for about 8 weeks, always downloading something.

Madaz_Rx8

Reaction score
moose said:
There's this one artice I saw on a issue of "Maximum PC" that told something like Make your system boot in 15 seconds. I'll find the actual thing and post it here sometime soon but the concept was, you make it so your computer doesn't read your drives at startup and all that stuff. I'll go look for it and post it.

make sure u post it back in this thread pls so its easy to find

darkjetx

Reaction score
this is not a solution . i wonder if i can speed up the bootscreen on xp sp2 , coz 32 seconds it is a lot ... i gaved him virtual memory , nada , i desinstaled some programs ( making progress ) ... but if i reinstall encarta , it will start to boot very slow ... i saw some tweaks on the net that are realy effective ... i recommend you tune up utilities 2004 ( 2006 if you know german :D ) ... it makes a good work ;)

Chirantha

Reaction score
@but what if you want to turn off your power, i mean not every one want to leave their power on forever. that is a problem with hibernation.

What the heck are you talking about? Mined me but do you know what hibernation does? hibernation copes your RAM Card + Vertual Memory +Page File (Where all the programs are stored) And Copyes it to HDD and then Turns OFF your computer (You can now remove the power cable).

Tip: Enable hibernation and in the shut down menu hold down "SHIFT" and the Standby button will change to hibernation, then click to hibernate