domain change problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitethm75

Reaction score
I signed up for hosting about a week ago. I already own my domain thomastechsupport.com, and I have control over the authoritive nameservers. I came to x10hosting for actual hosting of the website. However, when I signed up, I didn't see an option to indicate that I already owned a domain, but was going to use it. Because of this, I signed up for an unneeded subdomain. Several days ago, I used your website to change my main domain to thomastechsupport.com but the process is still pending. My ads are now live so the website needs to be up as soon as it can be. I would like to know if a problem has occurred or if this wait is normal. I don't want to waste any more time when my website could be live. I'm going to try to create an addon domain for it, but it really needs to be the main domain.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I see it as an addon domain. Unfortunately, a domain can't be a main domain and an addon domain at the same. You'll have to remove it from addon domains in order to make it a main domain. Alternatively, you can remove it from addon domains and place it in parked domains instead. The parked domain will be an alias of your main domain, so it'll go to the same site.

Status
Not open for further replies.