Domain change

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrikanhub40

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi, I changed the nameservers at godaady.com to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com respectively. The change was successful, then I changed my domain name from afrikanhub.x10.mx to afrikanhub.com. How long do I have to wait for the entire process to complete. I tried to going to the afrikanhub.com site, but the page comes out incomplete and the links on the site generate a serever error. Do I have to wait a lttile bit longer?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Since you are seeing your site, then the process of changing the domain over to x10hosting is complete. What you need to do now is go to the admin backend of your wordpress site, and change all urls that refer to afrikanhub.x10.mx to afrikanhub.com. Usually it's in a general settings area, though it's best to look through all of the admin wordpress menus to make sure that the urls change to the new one.

afrikanhub40

Prime Account
Reaction score
I tried accessing the backend of wordpress by going to afrikanhub.com/wp-admin. but I get the "site does not exist error". I also tried wp-login, to at least login, but I get the same error.

note: I can access the FTP just fine

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. Put afrikanhub.x10.mx back on as a parked domain and then go to the admin sign in using that domain. Use the admin feature to change the site URL

OR

cPanel --> PHPMyAdmin , go to your WordPress database
Table you want is wp_options
You want the row that has the Field 'option_name' set to 'siteurl'
Carefully edit the value to the new URL ... remember the http://

afrikanhub40

Prime Account
Reaction score
1. Put afrikanhub.x10.mx back on as a parked domain and then go to the admin sign in using that domain. Use the admin feature to change the site URL

OR

cPanel --> PHPMyAdmin , go to your WordPress database
Table you want is wp_options
You want the row that has the Field 'option_name' set to 'siteurl'
Carefully edit the value to the new URL ... remember the http://

Thank you calistoy and descalzo...I edited the 'siteurl' in cPanel to fix the issue :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.