Domain issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalMC

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have purchased a domain for my website @ malwarecentral.x10hosting. The new address is www.malwarecentral.net. Now, I have set the nameservers properly in the control panel. Everything seemed to work in the beginning, but then the website started working only occasionally. What I mean is, when I try to access the domain - most of the times it just re-directs me to a domain parking website. However, sometimes it does work and I can access my website just fine. But this seems to be a matter of several minutes only, before it crashes again.

Does anyone have any idea on why this is happening? I'm just checking it here first to make sure there is no problem with x10, so I can tell my domain registrant that the host has no problems with the nameservers, since it's obvious they are going to ask me that when I ask for support.

If it's of any importance, my registrant is name.com. Also, about 5 days have passed since I have registered the domain, so it should be well synced and updated now, with all DNS servers world wide.

Thanks for your help!

Tal.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Please check the nameservers that are registered to the domain from the name.com domain configuration utility. WHOIS reports the following:

Name Server: NS1.NAME.COM
Name Server: NS1.X10HOSTING.COM
Name Server: NS2.NAME.COM
Name Server: NS2.X10HOSTING.COM
Name Server: NS3.NAME.COM
Name Server: NS4.NAME.COM

TalMC

Reaction score
Hi Sharky,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, these are the nameservers in the Control Panel of the domain. Is there anything I did wrong? Anything I need to add?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Hi Sharky,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, these are the nameservers in the Control Panel of the domain. Is there anything I did wrong? Anything I need to add?

Probably would want to take out the ones that say NAME.com ... as there could be a confusion when it tries to find x10hosting's. ( You just want to list for nameserver 1 : ns1.x10hosting.com and nameserver 2: ns2.x10hosting.com

Thats it.

TalMC

Reaction score
Hi Starshine,

The name.com DNS servers are required for some functions, or so it says. I will try to delete then and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.