Domain name issues, preventing access to the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

d17p0911

Reaction score
I initially had the URL "x10.mx" but changed it to .co.cc as was offered by x10. It completed, saying success (I wasn't online, at the time) then 1 minute later, said there was an error, with no explanation. I tried to change it back to X10.mx, but, even after it saying it was a "success", it now won't work at all on that. I have switched back 'n forth a couple of times, to no avail. I have the correct settings, as far as I know, so I can't see it being that. I also can't get access through FTP, to either addresses, whereas I used to be able to, with X10.mx.

Ideally, I want the URL www.[thesitename].co.cc which appears probable, but, right now, impossible. I'd settle (for the time being) for .x10.mx if that would only work! =|

Also, it might help you to know that I can access my X10 account, and my files, perfectly normally, with no issues.

I am at a screeching halt, because my site is based upon PHPBB3, of which practically all the work is done ON the site itself.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Please clear your browser's cache. Your domain is listed as the x10.mx. When you use ftp, use your subdomain.x10.mx address or use boru.x10hosting.com

d17p0911

Reaction score
I highly doubt it is remotely to do with cache, however, I am trying the URL on Internet Explorer (I use Opera) and not too shockingly, it didn't work.

As for the FTP, it worked fine before using the settings X10 told me to use. I have reverted all settings, remember, and still it won't work. This all started because I changed something as simple as the URL.

I know I'm listed as x10.mx, which is what my account on X10 tells me, too, however, that doesn't change that the link will not work, even remotely. =( Neither does it explain that I'm refused access via FTP, which isn't my greatest concern, at the moment.

EDIT:

Thanks to using "boru.x10hosting.com", I now have FTP access, so that's at least something. =] Just need the URL sorted.

2nd EDIT:

When I use my apparent site link, I get the page that shows "This website does not exist!"

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It does have to do with your cache. I can still see your site. It is a forum that says "TIM" at the top. Please clear your browser's cache. I'm glad that you've got FTP access again.

d17p0911

Reaction score
"Drugs are bad" Haha.... nice human verification. ;)

I can access the site, now. I didn't think cache could cause such a problem with a URL. Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

d17p0911

Reaction score
OK, I've changed to the .co.cc yet again, and am now having the same problem as before, even AFTER cleaning the cache (twice) and so I'm not sure what's going on. The URL is apparently none-existent.

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
please also try deleting your browser temp, otherwise, your ISP might be holding a copy (usually on a 24hr TTL)

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your new URL is not registered at all at co.cc. Co.cc is a third-party domain name service that x10hosting doesn't own nor control, so choosing that domain extension doesn't automatically register it, you'll have to go do that yourself. Registering at co.cc is usually for free. You'll need to go register it there and then add the nameservers to your domain account there:

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

d17p0911

Reaction score
I'd really appreciate it if this topic can be removed, or at least somehow made so that Google could stop linking the site address to this... is that even possible? It doesn't help professionalism too much if you can Google the site address, and up pops this topic.

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

Also, thanks for the help, again. I say "again", because a while back I tried posting and had problems, so gave up. :p Everything seems to be working well, and I have to say, this is by far the best free service I've come across, and I've done a lot of looking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.