domain name .x10.mx issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snacktimeone53

Reaction score
so my old x10 account domain was automatically mysite.x10hosting.com

i just signed up for a different account & my domain is mysite.x10.mx

sounds better but wordpress wont fully work with it cus its not a .com!

or at least thats what im getting so far...is there nothing one can do about this?

:frown:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Let me get back to you after some research because I'm pretty sure that there should be no problems with your site related to the domain as long as you set that specific url as your site in the admin settings. In the meantime, what makes you think that it's an issue of it being because it's not a .com?

Edit: This is why it shouldn't be a domain issue. If you you entered the correct urls for your site in the general settings section of the wordpress admin panel, then there would be no issues concerning site location. http://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_General_Screen

Please be more specific about what problems you are having with your site with more complete description of the problem and an accurate recall of any error messages that are displayed.

Last edited:

Jennacide

Reaction score
Hi there snacktimeone53!

Have you attempted to install Wordpress using one of the auto-installers from the CP? During a manual install there are all kinds of issues that can crop up. I myself have installed Wordpress using Fantastico without issue. Might be worth a shot... If you have and are receiving errors of any kind, it's most helpful for us troubleshooters to assist when we have that kind of information.

snacktimeone53

Reaction score
thanks for the quick replies.

when i try to change my blogs domain from mysite.wordpress.com to mysite.x10.mx in the wordpress back end it tells me: "WordPress.com can only register domains ending in “.com”, “.net”, or “.org”."

and yes i installed wordpress thru fantastico before i started doing anything else. it seems to be installed fine & i can see my blog when i view the page from there but in the wordpress back end it just wont act like it can use my host.

wondering if there is no way i can get an x10hosting.com domain like i used to have cus ive done all of this before with old sites & it was never an issue. the only change i see is the lack of a .com domain...i'm also asking on the wordpress board & they dont see why the .com would make a difference either, but again i refer to the quoted error...and hence my confusion lol....

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You'll have to ask wordpress themselves at their support site why their blogging software is doing this.

In the meantime, if you want to change to a .com or .net url, then login to your account panel https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php. Click on Hosting at the top, then click on the link to modify your hosting account details. It'll then give you the option to change your main domain (if that's what you want to change. Otherwise, go to cpanel to use addon or parked domains to make a selection). The other domain selections from there are .exofire.net, .pcriot.com, and elementfx.com.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.