domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotrock

Reaction score
I'm planning to buy a new domain name. but dunno how to setup with this server.. if you can help n say me wat all will happen from process of registration it will useful.. I hope it can be useful for newbies like me..

thank you.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
What you would need to decide on is whether you want it your root domain or just a parked domain. Parked domain lets you keep your subdomain, if you want it as your root domain you would not have a subdomain. If you want it as your root, which most people seem to prefer, you can post in the upgrades/downgrades/changes section to get it changed. If you want it to just be parked then you can go into cpanel under parked domains and add your domain.

Make sure you set your nameservers to: ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

Conor

Reaction score
Yeah, what Tyler said.

To extend on the nameservers, once you buy your domain and go into your CP (on the site you bought your domain, for example, GoDaddy) and you would have to find a place where it says "Set Nameservers" or something like that. Go there and:

Name Server 1: NS1.X10HOSTING.COM
Name Server 2: NS2.X10HOSTING.COM

There will probably be an option for a third nameserver but you can leave that blank.

dotrock

Reaction score
Thank you Tyler and Conor for your valuable information.. It helped me alot in understanding the way it goes.. I'll register it by tmrw .. n configure the dns as u say..

Ya as u said i too won't park the domain .. i'll get it done in upgrades section..

Status
Not open for further replies.