Domain Parking Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

poringy

Reaction score
I accidentally deleted my top level domain from the parked domains list in the cpanel. Now, when I try domain parking, all I get is:

HTML:
Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs:

Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server.

Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ip.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

I've attempted to search for a solution through google and the forums. I have not changed any of the settings for my domain name before or after deletion of the domain from the list. Currently, I am using A addresses that are pointing to the free server's ip: 64.92.165.74. I already attempted to park the domain onto the DNS servers of x10hosting, but it still gave me the same error after I waited 24 - 48 hours for the transfer.

Last edited:

mattyranks

Reaction score
If you are using an "A" address pointing at your site then your DNS Servers will not be pointed at X10. It is likely that they are pointed at you registrats DNS Servers. To park a domain you MUST have your Domain pointed at X10 DNS Servers and ten wait a day or for for it to update.

Chris Z

Reaction score
i think the main thing that needs to be done is just have an admin delete the DNS entry, then you should probably be good

poringy

Reaction score
mattyranks said:
If you are using an "A" address pointing at your site then your DNS Servers will not be pointed at X10. It is likely that they are pointed at you registrats DNS Servers. To park a domain you MUST have your Domain pointed at X10 DNS Servers and ten wait a day or for for it to update.
I already said that I have tried that. I waited for over a day after transferring my domain over to x10hosting and it still did not work. That is why I returned it back to my registrar.

Chris Z said:
i think the main thing that needs to be done is just have an admin delete the DNS entry, then you should probably be good
That seems to be a solution. I will wait for a little longer before I try contacting the admin/managers.

Edit: If an admin or manager reads this, can you help me out? I'll be willing to reply through pms or email.

(I appreciate all the replies.:) )

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like it isnt pointed to

Code:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

You need to do that.

poringy

Reaction score
Er, I already said that I tried that already and waited for almost two days. It did not work, so should I try again? I really want to use the features of my domain registrar because it supports several things that cpanel cannot currently, such as CNAMEs.

I am using A addresses that are for 64.92.165.74, which should be the free server's address. Before I accidentally deleted the domain from the list in cpanel, my domain name was working with the A addresses. Before I used the A addresses, it was working with the transfer from my registrar to x10hosting's nameservers: ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
poringy said:
Er, I already said that I tried that already and waited for almost two days. It did not work, so should I try again? I really want to use the features of my domain registrar because it supports several things that cpanel cannot currently, such as CNAMEs.

I am using A addresses that are for 64.92.165.74, which should be the free server's address. Before I accidentally deleted the domain from the list in cpanel, my domain name was working with the A addresses. Before I used the A addresses, it was working with the transfer from my registrar to x10hosting's nameservers: ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com.

it wont work because subdomains and all that stuff is set in cPanel..which would cripple that ability.

poringy

Reaction score
If that's true, how did it work in the first place? I was able to use A addresses and then park the domain in the cpanel before I accidentally deleted it from the list.

Is there some setting that's gone wrong or left over that disallows me to park my domain? Theoretically, I should be able to park my domain since its domain is the same as x10hosting's free server ip. I just have a feeling that there are leftover settings that disallow me to park because I already tried transferring my domain to x10hosting, waited for two days, and got the same exact error.

Last edited:

poringy

Reaction score
Just an update, I tried transferring yesterday night, and it does not seem that transferring the domain to x10hosting worked. I used nameservers ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com. When I ping my domain name, all I get is the ip of some unknown system protocol and my network router's name attached to the end. I tried parking again and I still get the same error. Can someone check to see if this error is caused by leftover settings in the server? I have been through this procedure successfully several times and this is the only time that I have came across this error.

mattyranks

Reaction score
this happened when i parked a domain as well

i just left it for a few days and it then worked for me

Chris Z

Reaction score
so, when you tried to set the nameservers in the eNom account, it gave you an error?

[offtopic]
Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
[/offtopic]

poringy

Reaction score
It didn't give me an error, but I think x10hosting nameservers aren't accepting the transfer of my domain. I waited for a day, pinged it, and got a system reserved ip with my router name appended to the end that had nothing to do with x10hosting.

I tried to park it many times in Cpanel regardless of this, and all I get is that same cpanel error. I am 80% sure that there must be some leftover settings pre-accidental deletion or conflicting data on the server disallowing the success of the parking of my domain name.

Status
Not open for further replies.