Domain Parking Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elixer

Reaction score
Hello, x10hosting.

I, like many other users, appear to be having a slight problem. I'm unable to park my domain, again. I just went through the process of "changing" from adenhanced to adfree; account was deleted, and recreated (with same deatils [login] - except for the subdomain url). My domain "litx.org" already has it's @ (address) set to my assigned server (lotus). I access the domain's cpanel page, but can't login (this is not unexpected). Anyway, my official error message is:

Code:
Error from park wrapper: litx.org is owned by another user.

I'm thinking, perhaps time will mend the problem (although it's been over 5 hours since account creation). I'm hoping someone can help me resolve this issue.

Best regards, Elixer.

Elixer

Reaction score
Bump. Don't want to be a nag, but I don't want this to get pushed to the back. kthx.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
If you bump your thread it would be answered later, as I start from the old ones to the newer ones.
I've fixed the issue and parked the domain on your account.

Elixer

Reaction score
If you bump your thread it would be answered later, as I start from the old ones to the newer ones.

Apologies, didn't realize that. Thanks, as well. But I'm also getting this error:

Code:
Error from park wrapper: litx.org is already configured.

Can you be of assistance?

Also, out of curiosity, if it's not too much to ask; could you explain to me what caused the errors? (so perhaps they could be avoided, "next time")

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
Try adding it now.
It's not an error on your end, but it's an error caused by cPanel.

Elixer

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation and the prompt service. I'm very satisfied. :D

Elixer

Reaction score
Apologies if this is annoying, but I'm still having difficulties.

After the domain was reparked, it seemed that it wasn't configured correctly; when I went to the index.html page on x10 domain, it loaded like it was supposed to. However, when I attempted to access the same thing on the parked domain, the primary unconfigured cpanel page appeared. If I could change that page, it would't be a problem, but I not able to find it and also I believe that is not how this is supposed to work (Please correct me if I am wrong; perhaps I should be using my paid domain as an add-on domain, not a parked one [ though it worked differently in the past ]). Also, I've removed the domain again, and attempted to re-add it (another reason for suspecting that things were improperly configured was that there was no domain "folder;" last time there were a folder with the domain's name located within the root folder). I'm now receiving this error message again:

Code:
Error from park wrapper: litx.org is already configured.

If the problem of my index page not "forwarding" happens again, I'll notify x10 before I try anything. Thank you.

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
You should be able to re-add it now.

Elixer

Reaction score
Hm. I've re-added the domain successfully, but to no results. ;_;

Still showing the default cpanel page. I've moved in the old "litx.org" folder from the previous setup I backed up from where things were working; doesn't seem to be doing anything. Also, I've even set a redirect to http://www.google.com, but that doesn't appear to even be working. Suggestions?

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
How have you pointed the domain to x10hosting?
If you pointed it by nameservers, you should point it to ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com . If you're doing it by A records, you should point them to: 67.228.162.200

Elixer

Reaction score
I'm using A records, and intend on sticking with them due to my own custom subdomain-names. However, my current A records appear to be incorrect; I'm not an expert of DNS interworkings and, as such, my thinking lead me to believe that the A record was to be pointed at the server (lotus, in my case [67.228.161.42]). But, I've applied your resolution, and will await change to take effect. Thanks, in the mean time.

It appears that both IPs are lotus; odd, I suppose I should of done more research. Apologies.
Edit:
I'm confused; Though it has worked (I hope) I am now getting a page stating:

Code:
SUSPENDED
Username: Elixer
Reason: 3 Accounts
Suspension lift on: Undefined

I know that this isn't the section to appeal such things, but I most certainly do not have 3 accounts, nor do I want such things. I did, however, get 3 out-of-the-blue emails asking me to link my forum account to my hosting account. May I say, Wth? Anyhow; it seems that this initial problem is resolved, and I thank you. I'll go through the proper channels to resolve the other issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.