domain transfer and reset of account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namjies

Reaction score
my free account domain is namworld.x10hosting.com, ads free plan.

I kind of messed my stuff with CPanel. Now files are gone from my account (the original files, not mine) Is there someone that could restore my account, or "reset" it? There is nothing on it now.

Second, it is said I must redirect domains to the servers so it can works. I have a domain but I have no idea how it can be redirected. Anyone know about domain redirection?

Thank you.

jsobeck

Reaction score
You will have to wait for a staff member to reset your account, but as for the domain, set the nameservers to:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no 'reset' button. We can terminate it and you can sign-up again if you want.

-Corey

Namjies

Reaction score
Well please do so. But for the domain, how can I set this server thing? I don't even where I can do that. I registered it on another website. (Don't worry, it was registered with my personal infos). Now I have no idea about where and how I could do this. If someone can direct me to how I could do this. Thank you.

Namjies

Reaction score
On forumotion (the forum creation website). They registered it for me.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If they registered it for you, you'll have to ask them to change the domain settings.

StevoP

Reaction score
First you'll have to find out where your domain name is registered, like "godaddy.com" or "register.com". Once you know that information and you have all your login information for the registrar site, than of course log in with the your information.
After logging in look for a link "manage my domains" and click on it, that should lead you to the control panel for your domain names registered.
Than click on the domain name that you want to have in use with the hosting from x10, and look for the "name servers" section.
In that section you should see a couple of links pointing to the generic name servers that your registrar service has provided to you, click those and you should be able to edit them.
Make sure that you put in the correct name servers for x10 and those are:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com
After you've done this it will take some time for the reset to happen, about ten minutes, and you'll be all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.