Don't block me!

Zdroyd

Reaction score
*I did not know where to post this... sorry if its in the wrong spot...*

I just realized something:

How will I prevent my school (and my future schools) from blocking my site because it is about games!?

If my site becomes blocked by my school I will have a very hard time updating it...

Does anyone know a script or something that I could use to stop my site from being blocked as a "Game Site"?

Thanks ahead of time!

Mitch

Reaction score
*I did not know where to post this... sorry if its in the wrong spot...*

I just realized something:

How will I prevent my school (and my future schools) from blocking my site because it is about games!?

If my site becomes blocked by my school I will have a very hard time updating it...

Does anyone know a script or something that I could use to stop my site from being blocked as a "Game Site"?

Thanks ahead of time!
Is it blocked, because your school system had read the word "game". Or did your school blocked it them self?
And i think it belongs in Off-topic. But sometimes it is hard to chose where to post it. I got the same problem sometimes.

Last edited:

Domenico

Reaction score
I'm not sure what diagnostics bots like Websense's bots do when they come to your site to layble them like they do.

At one point my site was blocked by websense. At first I thought it was because I had forums and it labled the site as a 'social network' site but then they mysteriously unblocked it.

If the bots follow robots.txt files maybe you could tell all bots not to come to your site. If you find out the bot's names then you could probubly restrict them.

An other thing you could do is change your meta tags. It's possible they only look at your description to categorize your site. If that's the case try to fool them by putting words like educational.

As a last resources you could always go to Websense's site to get their number and call them up.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
The school does not have me blocked yet... (Because my site does not have the word "game" in it yet...)

But when I am finished it will be imposible for me to not say "game".

So does anyone know how I can redirect the bot to make it ignore my site? Or is there any other way (besides not using the "key" words) to keep my site unblocked?

Please Help!

yoggy

Reaction score
only put games on it that aren't from blocked websites such as miniclip. If that still doesn't work then just make your own games (if you know how)

Dan

Reaction score
Well, it all depends on what system your school use to block websites.
Sneakily try and get the info from the IT guy! Say something like: "For homework I've got to look up web blocking systems, I was just wondering which one the school uses...?" :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, it all depends on what system your school use to block websites.
Sneakily try and get the info from the IT guy! Say something like: "For homework I've got to look up web blocking systems, I was just wondering which one the school uses...?" :)

At my school, the block page tells you what system they use. Pathetic, isn't it? :biggrin:

kkenny

Reaction score
Custom Blocker can be easily overrided at my school, as long as you don't mind the teachers watching what you overrided.

divasmtec

Reaction score
I have heard that some ppl use proxy sites to veiw blocked sites at schools. My young cousins can still get on Myspace at school. They view it from some sort of proxy thing. But the only down fall about that, they can make a site look weird sometimes because of the frames around them.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Ok to answer everyone:
@yoggy: They are MY games. Its MY portfolio site. And my school blocks all game sites.
@Dan: I dont think that would work... The techies are NERDS they hide from students. JK
@divasmtec: I dont want to use a proxy because if I get caught I can lose my computer axcess completely.
I am going to keep updating my site and continue to use words that may or may not set off the blocker. If my site does become blocked I might have to explain my situation to the techies. Or I will lose contact with x10 and not be able to update my site EVER, so x10 will shut my down. *Cry*
Wish me luck!