Download a backup with new backup feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
I want to download a backup like with the old backup feature in CPanel. However, this new backup software is simply terrible.

Could someone please explain to me how exactly I am supposed to download a backup of my dictionaries with this new software?

Reaction score
As I understand it (so it may not be fully correct), the new back up system basically takes a back up periodically of all the accounts and over time you are then able to choose which one you'd like to restore to.

I've just looked into how to do this. I wasn't sure when I first looked at it, but looking at it again I've figured out how it works (well I hope I have!).

When you're in your cpanel, you click the R1Soft Backup link, let it load it's page.

On the left hand side double click Disk Safe0 (or click the little plus sign next to it) and do the same for the next bit that drops down. By double clicking on the links on the left you can see what is in it on the right hand side panel.

I have 14 restore points to choose from (I presume that's what they are anyway). These are all dated and by opening out the branches you can find your files. *

* I've not been able to be so clear at this stage since it took a long time to load for me. I'll take another look in a few hours when I wake up if someone else hasn't already replied. Sorry not to be able to give a full answer straight away.

homer693

Reaction score
The old backup feature is still there, /frontend/x3/backup/wizard.html and /frontend/x3/backup/index.html in your cPanel, you could just use that, the new backup software is used to restore your site back to something like a few days ago if you messed something up or got hacked, but the backups are stored on the server

Last edited:

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for your responses.

Earlier I read martins. The problem I have with this new system is that I do not have a hard copy. I understand what it is, it's basically like Windows System Restore. However, my logic is that if something happens to my site that completely deletes everything, won't the restore points still get deleted? If the restore point are on a different server (I think they are), what if that server crashes?

I know that the hard drive that I have my backups on is not going to crash. Even if it does, I do a good job of backing that hard drive up anyways.

Basically I feel safer taking care of the backup than having some software back it up. Also, the latest backup that I have is from February 4th. I have put many hours into my site since then and if my site does crash, I would lose all of that.

Every time I work on my site, I like to backup my work.

Anyways, thanks for the link homer, that works fine. The full backup no longer works, but the individual backups work.

I have +Rep'd both of you.

If anyone has any other solutions, please share them.

Thanks.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Whenever I want a copy of my files on my hard drive, I zip up all the files in my public_html folder and download them.

This can be done by first going to the File Manager (not Legacy File Manager) and navigating to the public_html folder. This will contain all the files of your website accessible by others. From here, check all the boxes, right click on one of them, and click Compress. This will store all the checked files in a zip file that you can easily download by double clicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.